Guitar Picks, What do you play?

OMG ! OMG ! OMG ! OMG !

I just tried these ! And I loved them .... Just Beware, they're "spendy" ....

It usually takes me a few hours or even days to bond with a new pick, especially if it's quite a bit different than what I'm used to ….

That WAS NOT the case with the Black Diamond picks ! Literally from the "first strum" or "first licks" I played the pick felt very, VERY natural in my hand. No adjustment to my picking technique at all ! The tone was what I expected, no unpleasant artifacts ( pick chirp, etc; ). Even "pinch-harmonics" were nice and clear …. This is a pretty big point for me, as some picks can make them very shrill and piercing.

And I love the sharper tip radius !

I've got the standard, beveled, and jazz styles. Love them all. Glad you discovered these too. You're right about the cost, but when your pick never wears out you save money in the long run.

Dunlop Gels. Switched to them about two years ago after playing Ultex's for a long time. I have a big bag of them in red. They're nice.

Gels-11.png

Planet waves - Black ice - medium. I love them! I was on Jazz III's for the longest time, but just made the switch.

I like the D'andrea 1.14 delrin picks. Standard 351 shape. The D'Andrea's have the nicest bevel of all the brands that make these picks. Least amount of chirp IMO.

dunlop .6mm

For High gain I will go .73, but for solos I find I don't get the same byte out of the thicker picks.

Would prefer to use a thicker pick but the tone just doesn't sound right when I do. I always endup going back to the .6 whenever I try something else.

I have one single Dugain Pick made of stone - played with these picks between 1996 - 2002 and since 2013, I'm back on them. Absolutely fantastic feel and playability. Thick - 'bout 2 - 3mm, not for everyone - but great for what I like. Only got one......they cost about 39$ each.

From 2002 - 2013, I used Dunlop Jazztone 205 picks. Still got a bunch of it - as a backup!

DUGAIN MEDIATORS PLECTRIER

Back
Top Bottom