Guitar Picks, What do you play?

try the Jazz III XL - just bigger versions of the Jazz III. i've been using the Black XL for 10 years or something now.

Thanks, I'll try those. The Jazz III also has a very prominent strike sound - if that makes sense - so I'll probably end up using a combination of picks for studio work.

Dunlop-Petrucci-Jazz-III-pick-267x300.jpg

I use strictly Red Bear picks, I absolutely love them! My favorite style is the big jazzer plus, light or heavy gauge, standard bevel no grip holes.
I have a couple of Red Bear picks as well. They're amazing. For touring - when I'm prone to have picks get lost - I usually switch to Fender heavy celluloid-style.

Dunlop 'Big Stubby', the 2mm ones. Have used them for years and they just feel right to me. They don't bend and have great grip. I even have a couple that I punched holes through the middle and put on my keyring, because you never know when you might need a pick.. :)

Cheers,
Brian

Like most of you I've tried most picks available and some are better then others, but I always seem to end up using Fender Extra heavies.. works for me.

Does nobody else use 2mm Tortex? I use jazz III's for recording lead work, but I just love the fast attack of a thick pick

I use Dunlop Nylon Max Grip & Dunlop Nylon Standard Guitar Picks. The gauges I use are 0.60, 0.73, 0.88 & 1.0 depending on what I'm playing but I think I use 0.73 the most. I play a lot of strumming stuff and use a lot of up strokes to make the high notes in big chords stand out, so I like the pick to be flexible or else I break strings or get the pick stuck on the strings and knock it out of my hand.

Used Jazz III for about a year, then started playing with a band again, and the bassist gave me the JIII XL to try out, now I wonder how I every managed to keep the tiny JII's in my hand :?

So far the JIII XL have been my main for past couple of months. I Like em.

Back
Top Bottom