Guitar "mojo"?

harsh

Inspired
So, I saw this battered old Ibanez RGR465M on ebay, and bought it for £150, thinking it would be good for parts or a project to learn how to strip and repaint guitars. It arrived with plenty of cosmetic damage, but I changed the tuning to my usual drop C, adjusted the floyd rose and intonation just to see how it sounded, and I was blown away! The strings look at least 6 months old, but it sounds so damn good! It just "feels" right, play fast and the harmonics are gorgeous. I've already used it on a couple of pre-productions for my band's album (with the same old strings), and I'm sure this is the guitar that'll be used for all tracking on our next album.

I own guitars that cost 10x more, and they dont play this good. It's left me scratching my head...Pretty pointless post, but I thought I'd put it out there.

I kinda did the same thing a few years ago. Mine was a RG 320. I had to put a little more work into it, like redress and crown the frets (my first time doing that), and changed the pickups to EMG's, and block the Floyd rose because it went out of tune so bad. but, after that, it played and sounded so good. Way more than i expected. It made me wonder my i'm paying $2000 for a guitar.

Back
Top Bottom