Guitar Matching

I’ve been wondering about guitar matching with a tone match block in front of the amp. It would be interesting to see how one guitar can sound like another. I realize it wouldn’t sound identical. Might be cool, might be silly. Haven’t seen anyone else try it. It might be kind of cool to try though. Thoughts?

I have done this. It is totally worth it of you want to have some consistency across guitars or different input scenarios such as wireless vs cable input.

I have done this. It is totally worth it of you want to have some consistency across guitars or different input scenarios such as wireless vs cable input.
I just don’t have many guitars. I’d love a guitar match of a Les Paul. Do you have one? Lol.

If you match your electric to your acoustic you can make an IR which allows you, within reason, to acoustic sounds from your electric. Very handy for songs like Crazy Little Thing Called Love. It can also mean that you don’t have to take a fragile acoustic to a pub gig.

This can be done by doing a tone match and then exporting it as a Cab block and using that cab block as your first block so it converts it immediately to whatever configuration of pick up you want.

Attachments

• V2 HB SNGL_20170130_163414.blk
    3.4 KB · Views: 11
  • V2 Ser Par_20170130_164059.blk
    3.4 KB · Views: 12
  • V2 Ser SC_20170131_141206.blk
    3.4 KB · Views: 10
If you match your electric to your acoustic you can make an IR which allows you, within reason, to acoustic sounds from your electric. Very handy for songs like Crazy Little Thing Called Love. It can also mean that you don’t have to take a fragile acoustic to a pub gig.
Sounds like something fun to play around with. I also wanted to try matching my super strat with a Les Paul. I don’t have a Les Paul unfortunately though. Haha.

This can be done by doing a tone match and then exporting it as a Cab block and using that cab block as your first block so it converts it immediately to whatever configuration of pick up you want.
Rad! Thank you, man. What were the attachments? Sorry, I’m on my phone at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom