Bcraig

Inspired
HI there
my levels seem very low in my daw logic pro x
but not on my axe2 XL + unit just updated to
Firmware Ares v1.00

how do you ajust this?

levels low.png Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 2.21.50 PM.png

Sorry, which output on the back of the AxeFX are you using? What is the input channel on the channel strip.

How is the level knob on the front of the Axe set?

What is the actual level in the DAW, I don’t see it anywhere? (Ignore the meter lights). You should be shooting for -18.

-20dB can work. I usually target something around -14dB. Someone else said -18dB. It doesn't have to be exactly anything, just a solid enough level to be able to work with.

I'd zero out the Audio 1 and Master faders and work from there.

ok this is what you mean by zero out audio 1

Thank You so very much I am really trying understand this stuff in my 50's not easy to get things set up right but Thanks again
God Bless

Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 4.45.54 PM.png

I meant to set all the faders to 0dB initially. Option click on them and they should go to 0dB.

You usually do not want to move the "Stereo Out" or "Master" faders. Adjust the "Audio XXX" faders to get the levels you want at the output.

ok is all zero out

but what happens if I want to turn down the guiatr volume or if I add a drummer track or backing trackt?

zero out.png

ok I get it between -19 and -21 its that good enough or do I need to go to -18

That’s a perfectly acceptable level. You want to get a reasonable level going in, but leave LOTS of headroom, because digital clipping is not a pleasant sound at all. You can easily makeup gain later on in the process so that your recording is as loud as a commercial release. Just don’t brickwall the thing or you’ll squeeze the life outta it.

View attachment 53287

Back
Top Bottom