Guitar-less

Sixstring

Legend!
Ok it's official I have sold my Carvin CT324 and am looking for something to replace it with. I have been thinking of going the Carvin rout again and having something built to my specs. I want a carved top so a CT624, undecided with a finish color but I did watch a Carvin Build that they did for The Tone King and when they got the to finish process, after they sanded down the coat of Black stain and did the final coat of primer I was really liking what I was seeing at that stage. Go to 2:14 in the vid to see what I'm talking about.

I want a 12" radius fret board and SS Med Jumbo Frets those are for certain, I'm on the fence again with a trem. I have been in to playing VH tunes for the past year and it's kind of hard to do with one. Last time I went through this issue I was stuck on getting a trem that had a specific string spacing of 52mm. After doing a little digging I found only three that had it , Wilkinson VS50, PRS and Floyd Rose Pro. This is a personal feel for me so it's something that I kind of need really. I tryed playing something wider but felt to clunky for my picking had if that makes any sense.

I'm leaning to the Floyd for obvious reasons but I found the AxMax trem system that has some pretty cool features. Love the look of this thing but I have not heard of anyone using it nor does he give out any physical specs on the trem. I sent him a message earlier this afternoon to see if I coud find out more info but havent heard anything as of yet. Anyone using it or know someone that has used it? any additional info I can get would help.

As too other guitars I'm open to suggestions. I have a target budget of around $1,800 2K tops. I don't want to build a parts guitar I would much rather have it built. I don't have the time or the required tools to pull off a quality build that I'm looking for. I'm also not opposed to going used ether but Im guessing that the specs would be really hard to match right away.

So help out a FAS brother Six to get his head straight on what direction I need to go
:lol.

AAAH! Covering up all of that lovely wood with BLACK! What a waste! Any wood is better than black!

And you can tell James Hetfield I said so!

Not sold on the dragon burst. But the 2:14 shots are nice. A bit like the denim finish by Suhr. Tom Quayle used one for his Axe-Fx review. I'm sure Carvin can do this.
Week 12 - Day 2 - September 18 2012

AND ANOTHER BLACK BACK! BORING!

AAAH! Covering up all of that lovely wood with BLACK! What a waste! Any wood is better than black!

And you can tell James Hetfield I said so!

Not sold on the dragon burst. But the 2:14 shots are nice. A bit like the denim finish by Suhr. Tom Quayle used one for his Axe-Fx review. I'm sure Carvin can do this.
Week 12 - Day 2 - September 18 2012

AND ANOTHER BLACK BACK! BORING!

I agree The dragon burst was cool when I first saw it a few years ago but I want something a little more interesting and the black denim if you will caught my eye. IMO they ruined the back of that guitar when they painted it black, it should have been finished sanded and cleared right at that point.

The Axmax is rather pricy but considering what your getting it's not to bad given the amount of money one would have to put into a floyd to get it to the same quality and mass. I have looked at the super V before and looks like a good replacement for a stock trem on a Fender but doesn't look like something that would take a lot of huge dive bombs. How long before the spring steel pivot point bends or brakes?

Sold your CT6 :-0 say it aint so . I play my CT6 all day everyday could not part with it!
Dont have a answer or suggestion on the trem , My fav trem is on my old old Carvin Ultra V so I guess it is one of those old Floyds IDK .
Have you seen the new Carvin wood offerings Black + White Limba ? Ive been thinking of one of those CT or DC 7's with that new wood.

Sold your CT6 :-0 say it aint so . I play my CT6 all day everyday could not part with it!
Dont have a answer or suggestion on the trem , My fav trem is on my old old Carvin Ultra V so I guess it is one of those old Floyds IDK .
Have you seen the new Carvin wood offerings Black + White Limba ? Ive been thinking of one of those CT or DC 7's with that new wood.

I know it was hard to part with as it plays so good but I'm tired of a solid white guitar and no trem :lol. I have seen the new wood offerings and they do look nice! For the money I do think that Carvin is a good bang for the buck regardless of what people thing of resale of which I didn't lose any money, couldn't say that for the PRS's I sold.

Back
Top Bottom