Guitar Instrumentals?

I saw The Aristocrats mentioned which I'll second, and I'll also throw in Guthrie Govan's solo stuff.

Didn't see Animals as Leaders mentioned anywhere, but maybe I missed it.

and Javier Reyes' solo project, Mestis.

The Surrealist is pretty cool.

And So I Watch You From Afar

Lots of amazing recommendations, here some from my side:

Centrifugal Funk may be the most guitar album for electric guitarists I know, I own a copy of the original CD, some years ago they made a reissue, it was just crazy fusion shred by Gambale, Garsed, Lane, actually in the cover you can read:

"Warning: Contains guitar performances of unparalleled speed, taste and virtuosity. Not for the faint of heart!"

I love too Quid Pro Quo and Exempt by Garsed / Helmerich, amazing beautiful music. Not strictly a guitar album but, yeah, it is, Brett Garsed delivered another masterpiece on Bobby Rock Out of Body (yes, I am a Garsed fanboy).

On a more modern side, Intervals - In Time was quite ground breaking for me, more than the subsequent albums by a lot.

Also I just love Flamenco guitar, so I could not forget masterpieces like Siroco from Paco de Lucía, well in general anything he released.

Adrian Legg. When I first heard Guitars And Other Cathedrals I thought the same thing I felt when hearing Eruption for the first time, "that can't be only one guitar".
Haven't listened to Adrian for a while but crazy good stuff! Unusual setup and technique but whatever works, right?

Back
Top Bottom