Guitar IN Case Storage- Standing on side or laying flat?

Stratman68

Axe-Master
I got the "is this already being discussed message, but not one title referenced guitars or cases, so, if it's a repeat, sorry.
Just a simple answer would be great. Don't need suggestions about storage because this is my ONLY option. Bet for me if stood on their sides, but I have always felt like they should be laid flat. Gravity? Weird, I know... I am very much OCD..............Thanks folks

I prefer on edge - that way you don't have guitars stacked on guitars in cases. I usually have them upright as well (neck facing up)

Edited to show the shelf I bought at Costco...worked great in the room, and gave me a piece of mind since this was in the basement in case of any water issues in the rental house we had in VA. Amps/cabs on the bottom.

1612310485527.png4BC33A0B-E59A-4A64-8747-AFED87BDD896_1_105_c.jpeg

Last edited:
This is much more fun because you can see (and show off) your guitars. You do still need a place to store your empty cases though. They are high and dry and out of reach for the occasional youngster.

Attachments

• EBEA2B02-5774-4B12-B544-ADB3B32D0383.jpeg
    EBEA2B02-5774-4B12-B544-ADB3B32D0383.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 25
This is much more fun because you can see (and show off) your guitars. You do still need a place to store your empty cases though. They are high and dry and out of reach for the occasional youngster.
I think you have the same system I have.

20201207_161731.jpg

On the downside, I have of them tear out. Luckily no guitar fell down.
20210203_170045.jpg

So I switched to a non-swiveling system which I hope is more secure.
20210129_192119.jpg

I think you have the same system I have.

View attachment 78107

On the downside, I have of them tear out. Luckily no guitar fell down.
View attachment 78109

So I switched to a non-swiveling system which I hope is more secure.
View attachment 78108

Wauw, looks cool. Mine is a slatwall system, so a negligable difference with yours. I chose slatwall so I can slide them closer to each other when I buy more :) . I had a bad dream about the whole thing coming down, so I put in 5 extra screws the day before yesterday.. I didn't think of the arms itself breaking off. I'll be taking a close look at that today. Thanks. What are those round things on your guitars? With the ribbons on some..

Harm

A slatwall system is much better then mine, yeah. You can at least slide them a bit. I'm reaching the end of what I can stow in here. Might end up hanging a few in the bedroom. The ribbonny things are purity seals from Warhammer 40K. Where the space marines are decked out in purity seals to ward off the evil influence of Chaos and other temptations. I even have one on my fridge. Which is probably why despite it being a cheap 2nd hand thing it still works. 20210203_200444.jpg

Back
Top Bottom