Guitar Doubler help needed

Dimebucker

Experienced

I´m still fighting whit that Dimebag Darrell MXR Doubler settings for Axe FX II ,if someone can help me that would be very nice. I`m looking for that Dimebag Live Guitar Doubler settings ,and here is two clips where is that MXR Flanger/Doubler engage. That CHFLIVE1 clip have strong slapback delay there ,i`m not sure is that some channel bleeding thing or what. Because that CHFLIVE2 do not have that strong slapback there ,it have little bit less that slapback.

I have already try many times to emulate that doubler effect whit delay trick and enhancer engage ,but results are not close enough unfortunately. I can get her studio records Doubler settings ,but that live is little bit too hard to me emulate. If someone can emulate that CHFLIVE1 or CHFLIVE2 Doubler settings ,please let me know settings for that or would be nice to have some preset where are those settings.

What are their studio Doubler settings?

I tried getting the Doubler sound(s) as well and gave up.

I do not have my Axe FX II my home right now ,but it was 30ms delay block straight after amp block. And also reverb block last in chain whit 1.00 sec time ,and for that reverb was set 40.0 Room size if i remember correct.

What are their studio Doubler settings?

I tried getting the Doubler sound(s) as well and gave up.

Serendipitously i found a fairly straight forward way to double a guitar sound. And that's to use 2 amps and 2 cabs. Caveat is, it sounds best with medium gain.

The key thing here is with medium gain sounds, the gains of each amp kicks in non linear ways for different amps, when given different amounts of signal

Using 2 cabs you get different amounts of reverberation, also playing with the delay or phase of the cabs can also assist

The results to me were some what surprising and additionally pleasing, though i'm pretty sure it wont be as good on high gain sounds, as there will be little difference between dynamics on each amp (if gained out)

Anyway 2 cents given for those who care

That Dimebag Live Doubler tone are still little bit hard to emulate ,i know those settings what he did use live for that MXR Doubler. But unfortunately i have not get good results yet ,to trying emulate that Live MXR M-126 tone. I can get little bit better results whit VST Doubler plugin ,when it comes for that Dimebag Live Doubler settings.

Yes i know that multi amp cabs ,is way to go for two guitar doubler tricks for live. Dimebag did use 5 amps and cabs sometimes for live ,and one amp did have that MXR M-126 in the loop. All other amps was dry ,only that one amp was wet. And i know those settings ,but i cant get emulate those for Axe FX II delay block. That live Doubler is hard to get ,i dont know what special that Live tone have.

Serendipitously i found a fairly straight forward way to double a guitar sound. And that's to use 2 amps and 2 cabs. Caveat is, it sounds best with medium gain.

The key thing here is with medium gain sounds, the gains of each amp kicks in non linear ways for different amps, when given different amounts of signal

Using 2 cabs you get different amounts of reverberation, also playing with the delay or phase of the cabs can also assist

The results to me were some what surprising and additionally pleasing, though i'm pretty sure it wont be as good on high gain sounds, as there will be little difference between dynamics on each amp (if gained out)

Anyway 2 cents given for those who care

Back
Top Bottom