Guitar clean signal coming through too loud on some amps ODs

ptgold

Inspired
I dont know if anybody has been noticing or having the same problem as I, but in some of my patches....specifically higher gain patches, the clean guitar signal seems to be mixed in with the OD way too loud. I can hear the clean strumming and picking loudly over my overdrive. This is definitely not a pleasant sound to my ears and is annoying me.

The only solution Ive found is to have a really light touch either strumming or picking so I don't hear the clean signal but Im heavy handed so this is just a stop gap solution. Not all the amps are presenting this problem for me.....the one where I am most hearing it on is the SLO100 and to a lesser extent the Triptik which are the ones I most use.

Anybody know what I could be doing wrong or if there is some parameter where I can decrease the clean signal?

Do you have parallel paths in your presets? If so, check if the bypass parameter is set to Mute.

I think I had the same problem. What Yek posted made me realize that my mute fx out setting on my parallel effects might not have automatically transferred over to scene 2. Gues I'll have to copy scene 1 to scene 2 so those are transferred as well.

The bypass parameter settings cannot be different per scene.

One reason might be if you play at bedroom level you'll always here the clean sound from the guitar acoustically. Turn up the volume.

Gonna check this out once i get home. Its currently only happening with my Slo patch. Im playing at about 90 dbs and the clean sound would just get louder

The SLO lead channel (as in, on the real amp) has the clean channel blended in (IOW the clean channel is never turned fully off) by design, although IIRC they're 180 degrees out-of-phase. If the modeling mimics the real amp, then that should be there too.

The SLO lead channel (as in, on the real amp) has the clean channel blended in (IOW the clean channel is never turned fully off) by design, although IIRC they're 180 degrees out-of-phase. If the modeling mimics the real amp, then that should be there too.

but I'm pretty sure not only the X-axis has to be set to MUTE, but also it's Y-axis must be set to MUTE.

Yes, it's true, those settings remain, regardless of scene. But I think people look at the amp block X, make a setting change, and then forget to jump over to the Y-axis and make the same change. Is is totally awesome that the two axis's can be set differently - for ultimate flexibility. But when you are creating new presets, or you (and this is the big one I commit all-too-often) reset the Amp Block, you have to double check that mute setting is on x and on y for that amp block.

Good luck.

but I'm pretty sure not only the X-axis has to be set to MUTE, but also it's Y-axis must be set to MUTE.

Yes, it's true, those settings remain, regardless of scene. But I think people look at the amp block X, make a setting change, and then forget to jump over to the Y-axis and make the same change. Is is totally awesome that the two axis's can be set differently - for ultimate flexibility. But when you are creating new presets, or you (and this is the big one I commit all-too-often) reset the Amp Block, you have to double check that mute setting is on x and on y for that amp block.

Good luck.

axis?

Back
Top Bottom