Guitar cables. What's your flavor?

I'm in the market for new guitar cables. My monster rock sounds very dark now for some reason (purchased it about a decade ago ) and from my research guitar center doesn't honor the lifetime warranty anymore.

So what do you guys use?

Btw if you're like me and use your axe fx to CLR or straight FOH do you use guitar cables between (axe to CLR or FOH?) or do you use those "instrument cables"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in the market for new guitar cables. My monster rock sounds very dark now for some reason (purchased it about a decade ago ) and from my research guitar center doesn't honor the lifetime warranty anymore.

So what do you guys use?

Btw if you're like me and use your axe fx to CLR or straight FOH do you use guitar cables between (axe to CLR or FOH?) or do you use those "instrument cables"?

I run my Axe II into my CLR/FOH with an XLR. If possible, I always use an XLR cable over a 1/4 cable when going from my Axe to anything else, be it for recording or a speaker. I mostly go with Monster for everything. However, Mogami is also a solid choice - I believe Guitar Center does honor the lifetime warranty with those. In the world of cables, I am fairly ignorant as to how it affects my sound. However the cable affects my tone, I rarely notice a change - if I do, I can probably make an adjustment.

I should probably read up on how a cable affects my tone.

Thanks for the input guys! Honestly I was considering mogamis but thought they were too costly until I saw Javy's link [emoji87][emoji87][emoji87]

Dude is that a trusted site? They're super affordable there

Thanks for the input guys! Honestly I was considering mogamis but thought they were too costly until I saw Javy's link [emoji87][emoji87][emoji87]

The price shown on the link is only base price, then you have to add length of cable to get the total price (in case you missed that)
I bought my mogami cables from REDCO Redco Audio - Audio/Video Supplies and Accessories, Custom Cables and Panels, and more
on recommendation from forum friend Lawrence LDP, rock solid

Years ago ( before the Axe-Fx ) when I was using a CAA OD-100SEPlus ..., John Suhr recommended Mogami 3302 ....

I thought "good enough for him ..., definitely good enough for me" ....

I've never needed another cable since ....

Totally trusted. I use them all the time. Custom color combos, lengths and other quality brands. Ever since Electronic City in LA closed (when I lived there) that became my go-to. Right now I'm usin' the 2524 cable and they sound great.

Quick story. Back in the late 90's my brother engineered at a studio called Encore studios, one of the spots Tom Lord Alge used to mix. He said on down-time they would experiment trying to destroy Mogami cables to test their durability and only cutting them ever made 'em unusable lol. Ever since, I was sold. I've had a 25 footer for 12 years now, gigs, tracks and still golden.

Wow I dated myself. Cheerz! Good Luck!

I've used Mogami cable w/ Neutrick connectors for quite a long time with ZERO issues. I've tried a few higher end cables and never felt like the differences were that significant compared to my Mogami cables to warrant the prices. I've also used George L cable for pedal boards over the years but had issues with them from time to time.. still use them though. I need to get more Mogami and make my own pedal cables at some point..

I make my own... have for years. It makes replacing / fixing a ton easier, and also lets me make the exact lengths I want and need.
This. I also use red cable, so I know instantly if one of my cables has found its way into someone else's bag.

Back
Top Bottom