Guide: Re-Amping with external sound card/audio interface

I´m in the process to buy an audio interface, do I understand this correctly that the interface has to support word clock in/out so that my DAW can pass through the tempo to the Axe or am I completly off road? :eek:

Last edited:
I´m in the process to buy an audio interface, do I understand this correctly that the interface has to support word clock in/out so that my DAW can pass through the tempo to the Axe or am I completly off road? :eek:
Normally it is to be expected that your interface SPDIF out sends the clock information, so that AxeFx can use it as a clock in. But as I have seen on this thread, there might be some incompatibility issues with particular interfaces. So, better choose the one which somebody already tested :) Mine is Focusrite 6i6 2nd gen, been using it for 2 years, even used all of it's inputs/outs on the back, but never felt like it was lacking something. Recommended :)

The clock doesn’t have anything to do with tempo. It just decides which device is master and slave rather than both fighting it out. Personally I let the Axe slave to my interface even though it’s recommended to do the opposite.
Spdif is definately the way to go though

So the samples match up I believe. It’s been a while since I was looking into it...
Basically no device is perfect and has various amount of drift. Having a clock keeps them drifting together if you like.

Ah thanks, I realized today that when you have active monitors you have a real problem to find an interface... :/

Sorry, what I meant is, I need S/PDIF or Toslink (S/PDIF) for my active speakers. So with reamping that would make 2 S/PDIF Out coax or 1 S/PDIF Out Coax + 1 Toslink Out (S/PDIF).
I could use the Focusrite Clarett 8Pre, maybe the Saffire 40 or Behringer UMC1820 for that. But I´m not sure about all three.

Crazy question and if this has been covered I apologize. If you are reamping via spdif do you still have to set your DAW to 4800? 44.1 just works better for my system.

Hi!

I am newbie in the subject. The thing I like in this method, to maintain a configuration that I don't have to set/cable differently every time I need to record something. I'd like to record guitar this way, but now I have TC ELECTRONIC DESKTOP KONNEKT 6 interface, which has no digital in/out, and it is necessary if I read it well. The lowest price with s/pdif in/out, I found this:
NATIVE INSTRUMENT KOMPLETE AUDIO 6
Or the Focusrite 6i6 2nd gen (a bit more expensive) is better choice? Someone already mentioned this before.
Do you think is it a good choice for this configuration?
(Axe Fx mark II, Yamaha HS7)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom