• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Guide: Re-Amping with external sound card/audio interface

Gore

I´m in the process to buy an audio interface, do I understand this correctly that the interface has to support word clock in/out so that my DAW can pass through the tempo to the Axe or am I completly off road? :eek:

Last edited:

khvMX

I´m in the process to buy an audio interface, do I understand this correctly that the interface has to support word clock in/out so that my DAW can pass through the tempo to the Axe or am I completly off road? :eek:
Normally it is to be expected that your interface SPDIF out sends the clock information, so that AxeFx can use it as a clock in. But as I have seen on this thread, there might be some incompatibility issues with particular interfaces. So, better choose the one which somebody already tested :) Mine is Focusrite 6i6 2nd gen, been using it for 2 years, even used all of it's inputs/outs on the back, but never felt like it was lacking something. Recommended :)

HarrySound

Power User
The clock doesn’t have anything to do with tempo. It just decides which device is master and slave rather than both fighting it out. Personally I let the Axe slave to my interface even though it’s recommended to do the opposite.
Spdif is definately the way to go though

HarrySound

Power User
So the samples match up I believe. It’s been a while since I was looking into it...
Basically no device is perfect and has various amount of drift. Having a clock keeps them drifting together if you like.

Gore

Ah thanks, I realized today that when you have active monitors you have a real problem to find an interface... :/

Gore

Sorry, what I meant is, I need S/PDIF or Toslink (S/PDIF) for my active speakers. So with reamping that would make 2 S/PDIF Out coax or 1 S/PDIF Out Coax + 1 Toslink Out (S/PDIF).
I could use the Focusrite Clarett 8Pre, maybe the Saffire 40 or Behringer UMC1820 for that. But I´m not sure about all three.

stm113

Power User
Crazy question and if this has been covered I apologize. If you are reamping via spdif do you still have to set your DAW to 4800? 44.1 just works better for my system.

Gabo

Hi!

I am newbie in the subject. The thing I like in this method, to maintain a configuration that I don't have to set/cable differently every time I need to record something. I'd like to record guitar this way, but now I have TC ELECTRONIC DESKTOP KONNEKT 6 interface, which has no digital in/out, and it is necessary if I read it well. The lowest price with s/pdif in/out, I found this:
NATIVE INSTRUMENT KOMPLETE AUDIO 6
Or the Focusrite 6i6 2nd gen (a bit more expensive) is better choice? Someone already mentioned this before.
Do you think is it a good choice for this configuration?
(Axe Fx mark II, Yamaha HS7)

Last edited:
Top Bottom