Guess what I've been doing?

I haven't read the really nice printed manual but figured out how the set I/O & global settings in just a few minutes. Also navigating presets and switching blocks on/off is easy. The amp knobs make it extremely fast to tweak the base sound.
To move some of my favorite things from the Axe II will have me thinking just a little harder. also need to learn have to set foot switches for different things.

I am waiting as patiently as I can. I joined the list on 10/13, so hopefully I get the invite before the weekend. I have 2 weeks vacation to fill!
Oh yeah... Congrats!

Last edited:
When I auditioned presets on the Axe II, some were always meh... and I'd skip over those. but with the AX8 I've found how easy it is to flick the bass or treble (to my taste) and it makes them sound great. It's made me realize how lazy I was being with virtual knobs compared to the real thing.

I am waiting as patiently as I can. I joined the list on 10/13, so hopefully I get the invite before the weekend. I have 2 weeks vacation to fill!
Oh yeah... Congrats!

I'm in the same situation and have now bought the rest of the rig. It's probably best, but damn near impossible to avoid this forum until the invite shows. All this noise and speculation makes me crazy.

When I auditioned presets on the Axe II, some were always meh... and I'd skip over those. but with the AX8 I've found how easy it is to flick the bass or treble (to my taste) and it makes them sound great. It's made me realize how lazy I was being with virtual knobs compared to the real thing.
So are you saying it sounds better than the ii jk hehehehe

That's a really good point. I don't know how many times I have shuffled through the presets without going to the tone controls page to make some simple adjustments. That's like going to a music store and playing every amp without ever turning a knob. No one in their right mind would ever do that, yet I do it all the time with the AxeII. Duh!

As easy as it is to make those changes on the AxeFX, I'm really looking forward to having the basic tone controls right there all the time as knobs with the AX8.

That's a really good point. I don't know how many times I have shuffled through the presets without going to the tone controls page to make some simple adjustments. That's like going to a music store and playing every amp without ever turning a knob. No one in their right mind would ever do that, yet I do it all the time with the AxeII. Duh!

As easy as it is to make those changes on the AxeFX, I'm really looking forward to having the basic tone controls right there all the time as knobs with the AX8.

So I'd guess those will "auto save."

Back
Top Bottom