Guess What Amp I Just Bought

Tony took apart the four Dumbles Gene of Ultrasound owned. He tested every single part in each amplifier and documented the results. Tony builds the clones as exact copies of the originals.

Yeah, but he didn't have MIMIC. What about parasitics? :)

I've never been anywhere near a real Dumble, but I'd guess you're probably right. I'm sure Cliff's model will be extremely close to the amp he's getting. Soon we can all be the judge of whether or not he got a 'good one'. Great fun for all of us! Cliff will tell it like it is, with none of that self-reassuring hype other D owners tend to promote.

Speaking of which.. here's a quote I just came across:

David Lindley Aug 27, 2009 at 1:06 am

Dumble’s secret is still a secret. Nobody has nailed it yet and it’s really interesting to hear all the conclusions. There are some great amps out there that are not Dumbles but once you play an Overdrive Special, no matter what era you can hear that it’s different…….and better than everything else.

D.L.

.. buried in the replies near the bottom of this page:
The Dumble Phenomenon | The Quest for Good Guitar Tone

Other than my own family and close friends, you're the only only other person that brings me great happiness to see get new stuff.

You are true inspiration Cliff, the things you do and get done are amazing.

Community. what a nice word. one more time, Community. mmmmmh.

Thanks, Cliff!
What´s your personal opinion regarding its tone?

I'll let you know when I receive it. I'm going to bring it over Chris Quigley's house and we'll make a video. He's going to play some death metal through it and then I'm going to play Mustang Sally and some really crappy blues licks. Then we'll post the video on TGP, LOL.

To spend so much to give it back to the community, Cliff, you're definitely firmly at the top of my inspiration list.

If I ever get the chance, you sir are owed a drink!

I'll let you know when I receive it. I'm going to bring it over Chris Quigley's house and we'll make a video. He's going to play some death metal through it and then I'm going to play Mustang Sally and some really crappy blues licks. Then we'll post the video on TGP, LOL.
That would be epic! ROTFL

Don't forget to bring the BOSS Metal Zone!

On a related note... I wonder what it's like to see a guitar forum implode.

YES!!!! haha! don't forget the politician clips :)

Just play death metal into it then post it on gearslutz/gear page amp forum. I think half of the community would blow their hips out in disgust. If you are going to troll...

TROLL WITH FEELING!!

(feewing!)

-Nate

Back
Top Bottom