Guard Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
#waitlistgate

This morning I gained a new understanding of comments like the one above, and the bitter reactions that often follow from our forum members when such comments appear here.

Whether such comments are jokes or not, they are generally rooted in the same place: we're accustomed to lies from the companies we deal with. "B.S." is perhaps the biggest global industry. One manifestation of this problem is heard in the frequent complaint that "quality is hard to come by." We're sold stories that don't match the goods, and thorough disappointment is the norm. Our senses are kept on constant high alert against marketers, mendacity and moles. People are jaded for good reason.

Fractal Audio is different, but it would be irrational to imagine that anyone should just assume this. There are literally hundreds if not thousands of "five-star" type reviews of our products and customer service. In fact, we provide high quality goods at fair prices, support them with constant improvement and innovation, and back them up with customer service that actually cares. No conspiracies; no cover ups; and hey, we might even be your particular brand of awesome!

As when we've released other products, however, the number of people who want/"need" will initially be far greater than the number of units we are able to manufacture, sell, or ship. I will shepherd the waitlist process to the extent possible. Some of us can even try to help the sad ones learn to wait for something that's worth waiting for.

But when one of us shows up here with the smell of a rat firmly entrenched up their own nostrils, it does no good to react with a gut-clenching sense of being accused. To turn a popular saying around, "It isn't me, it's you."

I won't delete or lock such threads. It's up to you, our community, to handle this. You can turn this sort of thing around with facts and assurances to create the kind of trust that you yourselves have gained in Fractal Audio.

So my friends, don't be guard dogs; be seeing-eye dogs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom