GTD Audio Power amps

So I just happen to run across these on ebay. Looks to good to be true... Very cheap for a lightweight 1u power amp. Somebody stop me from trying this...

2 Channel 6500 Watts 1U Professional Power Amplifier Amp Stereo GTD Audio TN 350 | eBay

1. I would never buy from someone who is clearly overstating the specs on their amp.
2. My suspicion is that is some cheap poorly QA'd Chinese POS.

Why on the earth would you go with top quality gear like, PRS, Orange, Mesa, Fractal, as per your sig and then cheap out on the power amp on some gray market ebay special?

IMHO.

sorry i asked man.... Did it ever occur to you that I might just not have the dough right now for one of those? Plus I'm waiting on Fryette's and Atomic's new power amps to drop. Something like this might just make a backup option for the mean time. Re-read my post. It says "Just happened to run across this on ebay (looking for a matrix I might add), looks to good to be true..."

You have to be careful when you see adds like this. The usable power from this amp is probably more like 150 watts per channel. These type of deals are designed to pray on the uninformed.

Yes it could be a cheep temp until you save the cash for something with reputable specs like Atomic or Matrix but to be honest there are better options out there that are already close to this price range.

Well, even Amazon sell them... it seems that the full price is 400 $.
And they have a site too! Located in the USA, build in China

Back
Top Bottom