Ground hum when using AX8

Ok, I have this issue of ground hum with my AX8. It only happens at this one venue where I regularly perform. Every other venue that I play at, I have no problems. Now, I have run into ground loop situations before and I think I know most of the troubleshooting steps. However, this one has me stumped. I've tried adding a ground isolator to my signal chain and hum is still there. Tried different electrical circuits, ground lifts, turning off stage lights. All to no avail. I am running stereo out with XLR cables direct to mixer and using IEMs. To get through the gig, I have to push the noise gate pretty hard which kills my sustain/tone. Again, all other venues the AX8 output is quiet. So, if anyone has some other ideas/solutions, I would greatly appreciate your input.

TIA,
Bob
If you turn the guitar vol knob all the wsy down and the hum goes away, its not a ground loop.

I have a similar problem at home but mine is very very strange. During daylight hours i get a 120hz hum on high gain amps but in the evening its dead silent! In the winter there is no hum after about 5pm once the sun goes down but in the summer i have to wait until about 9pm for it to be silent, its so annoying. Another strange thing is when i plug it in a room on the opposite side of the house its silent all day everyday but unfortunately the room i have it setup is on the noisy side.
If anyone has any suggestions which could help please suggest it.
Thanks

My noise problem in church is definitely coming from the light dimmers. I now know to check about whether they are going to be doing dimming of the lights or not. (They usually have them at 100%). If they will be dimming, I'll take my humbuckers. I'd rather use the tele, but the noise is just too much.

My noise problem in church is definitely coming from the light dimmers. I now know to check about whether they are going to be doing dimming of the lights or not. (They usually have them at 100%). If they will be dimming, I'll take my humbuckers. I'd rather use the tele, but the noise is just too much.
I replaced my tele pups win kinmans years ago for this exact reason and never looked back. they sound great to me and no noise

Update: I want to thank everyone that responded. I tried all suggestions with no outcome. I just did 2 nights at the offending venue. Still the same issue. I even tried setting up on the opposite side of the stage. No change. I got by using the noise gate turned up way high. However, when playing the noise is bad enough to affect high gain tones. They no longer sound smooth (almost like I have "Bit Crusher" in my chain, not exactly the effect I'm going for). I'm back there next weekend. The venue's sound tech said he would investigate their gear. Maybe it's something I have to live with, as some have pointed out.

Back
Top Bottom