Ground control pro model question

kevrock

Experienced
Is there a difference between the voodoo labs gcp and the digital music corp ground control. I know digital music owns voodoo labs. I just wanna know if I buy a digital music ground control is it the same features. Because they look identical.

Is there a difference between the voodoo labs gcp and the digital music corp ground control. I know digital music owns voodoo labs. I just wanna know if I buy a digital music ground control is it the same features. Because they look identical.

Funny, thought you had it a bit backwards... and that Voodoo Labs bought DMC many years ago. But it appears from the home page that this is not correct:

Voodoo Lab is a trademark of Digital Music Corp. ©2012 All rights reserved.

That being said, the DMC "brand" has not been around for many years, and if you buy a GCP that is branded as DMC then it must be a very earlier edition. I own a GCP, several original DMC Ground Control pedals, and until recently 2 GCX loop switchers and a DMC Ground Link (Ground Control extension for GCX).

I'd recommend joining the Voodoo Lab forum and posing the question there - they are very helpful and respond quickly. In particular username "JohnClark" (one of the support guys) can probably help you out.

You probably just need to check the FW version of the GCP. I don't think there have been many for GCP, but they require a ROM chip purchase to upgrade.

Kevin

Back
Top Bottom