Ground Control or Liquid Foot Jr

cob666

Inspired
I'm ready to pull the trigger (haha) on a controller for my Ultra and have it narrowed down to the Ground Control Pro or the Liquid Foot Jr. I've narrowed it down to these two based on reading posts and checking out the specs between the two units. The Liquid Foot Pro is just TOO much pedal.

I'm not looking for any complex mapping, just program changes and IA switches to switch effects on/off during songs. It seems that the ONLY real drawback to the GCP is the lack of tuner display on the controller, how are current GCP users getting by? External tuner or just look at the Axe-fx when tuning?

Any valid feedback as to why one is better or worse than the other? Thanks for your help!

While I must declare my bias for Liquid Foot in that I own a Pro and a Jr, I must say that the GCP can't download the patches from the Axe-FX like the Liquid Foot pedals can.

TimmyM

Not as far as I know. This means if you make a change on the Axe-FX, then you have to manually enter that change on the GCP. On the Liquid Foot, you could create 200+ presets and then just download the PC, IA and CC settings to the Liquid Foot in a matter of minutes. This is of course provided you set up your Liquid Foot to 'listen' for certain effect states on certain channels when it is 'auto-loading'. Once you do the initial setup, changes to patches are much easier to cater for on the Liquid Foot.

TimmyM

cob666 said:
Hmmm... That was something I thought the GCP did.

I used to own a GCP. I was one of those guys that said....I can get a GCP for half the price (used) and it has more buttons....Well I am now using the Liquid-Foot Jr. At first it was a little odd to configure, but there are a ton of great videos on how to work and dump effects from the Axe-fx to the LF Jr. The tuner is nice!

First off when I used the GCP I only really used like 4 IA switches and then one more for tuner, and then the rest was just there. Now with the liquid-foot I have the perfect amount of IA switches. 4 IA and 4 presets, and then I set my Menu button to where I hold it down for 2 seconds and then it switches to the tuner. In order to go up or down in presets I just press menu then press up or down then press menu again. Easy and simple. For the GCP you have to program everything on it. The name of the presets (on the GCP), what IA switches you want on already, and its just a bigger unit. With the Liquid-foot jr. it take patches right off your axe-fx and the presets are automatically named. Then for IA switches you just set what each IA switch you want to control what effect or whatever in the axe-fx and it is the same for every preset, just set it one time and you are good to go. Plus the IA switches you can set to bed red when there is one available but red means off, or if it is there and already on it is Green. The Liquid-foot can access like 64 different IA switches. You can set the switch to like hold down one IA switch for a few seconds and it will turn on another IA switch. So even though its small it can do a lot.

Go Liquid-foot all the way if you want simple and small. I use the axe-fx and a gator rack bag and the liquid-foot Jr. fits right in the zipper pouch.

I would feel more comfortable with the Liquid Foot Jr if I could get a response from Liquid Foot regarding the estimated wait time for a paid order.

It seems that the LF customer response is a bit lacking in the pre-sales area and this lack of response would be the reason why I would not end up going with an LF controller.

Just remember that Liquid Foot is really just a one-man operation (well as far as I know it is). This means dividing one's time between meeting the demand to respond to orders, support and building the units.

Jeff has been very good to me. He has recently taken on a massive backlog and will be clearing it soon. I can tell you it is worth waiting for. I can also tell you it is a much better bet than waiting for an MFC (heheh... had to throw that out there). Just persist with attempting contact. He will get back to you.

TimmyM

Back
Top Bottom