Ground buzzzzz

So what would the schematic look like (including part numbers or at least values) especially if you wanted it to be worthy of UL listing?
See below:

The Hum X is essentially a pass-through power connector. The exception is the ground connection. Instead of passing the ground straight through from one connector to the other, it passes through the following three devices, all connected in parallel:

• Two back-to-back 6 amp, 1 KV diodes;
  • One 1 KOhm, 1/2 watt resistor (I haven't done the conversion math, but I think a 1KOhm, 1 watt resistor might (*MIGHT!...no guarantees) work for Euro/Aussie voltages).
Alternatively, you could just buy an isolation transformer.

Hi,

is there a way to remove or limit noise generated in my guitar humbuckers? My recording gear is in my apartment, and I am getting a lot of noise using overdriven or high gain tones. Sometimes, the noise gets suddenly louder for a minute or two and I think it might be my neighbours using their microwaves or something that my pickups dont like. Is that a ground loop?

I am in Australia and have read about the Ebtech hum eliminator, which exclusively addresses ground loop hum, but I have doubts about the nature of my particular problem.............

Back
Top Bottom