Grooveshifter! Axe-Fx III Pitch Block fw 12.08

Being "timid" I'll wait for actual release BUT until then OMG!

Once again the AF3 is truly the gift that keeps on giving!

Very cool, but that Morgan Freedman gif had me laughing inappropriately loudly.
I watched it this many times!
7fingers.jpg

Sound really nice. I like the opening chords. Can you maybe share the pitch block settings? Can it also be done on the Axe fx II? Thanks.

Sound really nice. I like the opening chords. Can you maybe share the pitch block settings? Can it also be done on the Axe fx II? Thanks.

Fixed +12, +7 & +19 semitone shifts, delay the +7 and +19 by a dotted 8th note in the pitch block itself.

In theory you could try sending the +12 plus dry signal into a +7 shift via feedback send/return to do this with one pitch block, but it would be easier and might sound a bit better using two pitch blocks.

Last edited:
Fixed +12, +7 & +19 semitone shifts, delay the +7 and +19 by a dotted 8th note in the pitch block itself.

In theory you could try sending the +12 plus dry signal into a +7 shift via feedback send/return to do this with one pitch block, but it would be easier and might sound a bit better using two pitch blocks.

So you have three intervals added to the note you are playing (+12, +7 and +19) and set all the intervals to a dotted eight? That’s all?

Very cool, but isn't this basically what Steve Vai did on Ballerina 12/24? Delayed pitch shifted notes? Maybe I'm not understanding this.....?

Back
Top Bottom