Grooveshifter! Axe-Fx III Pitch Block fw 12.08

Where is it?.....what I miss........I wanna hear the Grooveshifter ;-(

EDIT,,, had to use a different browser,, It wasn't showing up in Firefox for me. ANYWAY,,, Yeah pretty cool.

MOSHON
DAVE

Last edited:
Wow, @Admin M@! That is simply amazing! Technically & creatively brilliant...groovy & cool!! That's might be the most interesting thing I've heard from the Axe III since that dude named Matt created that killer Blade Runner patch! You are the man when it comes to pushing the limits of the Axe III yet keeping it musically useful and give us all something to aspire to. Thank you for your many contributions and for the inspiration you give us. I am a fan!! (Could you tell?) :)

GROOVE SHIFTER! Check it out!!

Axe-Fx III Firmware 12.08 features the best guitar pitch shifter I've ever experienced. It is insanely fast, which also makes it very tight.

Here's a quick clip to show my idea for a "Groove Shifter" effect where the shifted notes are offset in time to create weird syncopated polyrhythmic melodies. Using a dotted 8th delay technique to turn 8th notes into 16th notes is basically a cliché (a la "Another Brick in the Wall Part II" et al). Here, the pitch shift adds a cool twist.

Meanwhile, an expression pedal controls Input Gain of an extra Delay for more juice, and another pedal controls Input Gain on a Plex Reverb. I played the guitar part to a drum loop and then layered synth bass and hihats. This was an improv.... Next I'll use this preset and try to develop this idea into something more structured!

It's a testament to this new shifter that you can't tell which notes are played and which are created by the effect!

Really liked that as a piece of music, let alone a demo of the III

Made me think of this intro

Steve Farris was one of my favorite guitar players when I was in my 20s.

Great player, if you haven't heard the On Golden Blonde album he did in the late 90's pm me an email address and I'll send you it plus some recent stuff he's done

giphy.gif

Whoa. That was crazy cool.

Back
Top Bottom