Grooveshifter! Axe-Fx III Pitch Block fw 12.08

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
GROOVE SHIFTER! Check it out!!

Axe-Fx III Firmware 12.08 features the best guitar pitch shifter I've ever experienced. It is insanely fast, which also makes it very tight.

Here's a quick clip to show my idea for a "Groove Shifter" effect where the shifted notes are offset in time to create weird syncopated polyrhythmic melodies. Using a dotted 8th delay technique to turn 8th notes into 16th notes is basically a cliché (a la "Another Brick in the Wall Part II" et al). Here, the pitch shift adds a cool twist.

Meanwhile, an expression pedal controls Input Gain of an extra Delay for more juice, and another pedal controls Input Gain on a Plex Reverb. I played the guitar part to a drum loop and then layered synth bass and hihats. This was an improv.... Next I'll use this preset and try to develop this idea into something more structured!

It's a testament to this new shifter that you can't tell which notes are played and which are created by the effect!

Last edited:
GROOVE SHIFTER! Check it out!!

Axe-Fx III Firmware 12.08 features the best guitar pitch shifter I've ever experienced. It is insanely fast, which also makes it very tight.

Here's a quick clip to show my idea for a "Groove Shifter" effect where the shifted notes are offset in time to create weird syncopated polyrhythmic melodies. Using a dotted 8th delay technique to turn 8th notes into 16th notes is basically a cliché (a la "Another Brick in the Wall Part II" et al). Here, the pitch shift adds a cool twist. One expression pedal controls Input Gain of an extra Delay. Another controls Input Gain on a Plex Reverb. I improvised the guitar part to a drum loop and then layered synth bass and hihats. This was an improv.... Next I'll use this preset and try to develop this idea into something more structured!

It's a testament to this new shifter that you can't tell which notes are played and which are created by the effect!

This is ridiculous. Great work!

MorganFreeman-bobbing.gif

Back
Top Bottom