Grid / scene levels

edo

Power User
Vendor
Is there a way to change the level of rows 1 and 2 and save it per scene, without affecting the level of row 3?
Specific example: row 1 uses amp / cab 1, row 2 uses amp / cab block 2, row 3 uses a parallel multidelay / reverb chain for ambient fx. Scene 1 should use both amps (at -6db's), scene 2 only uses one amp at 0db's, and in both scenes I'd like to keep row 3 at 0db. If I use the master level in the output section and set scene 2 at -6, then row 3 will be at -6 as well.
I know I can add a filter block set to null to compensate, but I wanted to know if there is a way to do it from the output section or with a mixer block

Could you use the scene controllers (1 &2 would be needed I think) to set the amp cab levels how you want them? This would leave the ambient path constant.

It would be cool if the four output levels could be set by scene (or the four input lines to a mixer block) but so far I can't think of a way of doing exactly what you want.

If your parallel Multidelay/Reverb is being fed by the cab output of both Amp/Cab chains, it will always have same relative mix level, whether one or both amps is being used. In other words, when you add the second Amp, the signal goes up by 6 dB (3 dB because they're not correlated?), and the Delay/Reverb level rises by the same amount because it's being fed by a hotter signal. The Output Level then throttles the entire mix.

Do you really want to change the mix when you're running two amps?

If your parallel Multidelay/Reverb is being fed by the cab output of both Amp/Cab chains, it will always have same relative mix level, whether one or both amps is being used. In other words, when you add the second Amp, the signal goes up by 6 dB (3 dB because they're not correlated?), and the Delay/Reverb level rises by the same amount because it's being fed by a hotter signal. The Output Level then throttles the entire mix.

Do you really want to change the mix when you're running two amps?

The parallel multi delay / reverb is not fed by the cab, it's just on a parallel path on its own, so the way you suggested in the older post it stays at a constant level while i can change the blending levels of the 2 amp blocks (for example scene 1 i can have both amp1 and 2 at -6 and scene 2 with amp 1 only at 0, so the overall level stays the same but the tone changes because of the second amp timbre, while the ambient "pad" sort of effect stays at the same level all the time)

The parallel multi delay / reverb is not fed by the cab, it's just on a parallel path on its own, so the way you suggested in the older post it stays at a constant level while i can change the blending levels of the 2 amp blocks (for example scene 1 i can have both amp1 and 2 at -6 and scene 2 with amp 1 only at 0, so the overall level stays the same but the tone changes because of the second amp timbre, while the ambient "pad" sort of effect stays at the same level all the time)
Okay, I get it.

Scene Controllers are your answer. You only need one, and you don't need a Mixer block. Just attach the scene controller to the Level parameter of each Cab block. Adjust each modifier to five the behavior you want.

Okay, I get it.

Scene Controllers are your answer. You only need one, and you don't need a Mixer block. Just attach the scene controller to the Level parameter of each Cab block. Adjust each modifier to five the behavior you want.

Would that work even if my cabs are global blocks? Or do I need the mixer block in that case?

Would that work even if my cabs are global blocks? Or do I need the mixer block in that case?
It should still work, as far as I know, but I've never tried it with global. Take a couple of minutes and try it. :)

Back
Top Bottom