Greg Koch in Austin tonight

Hotplate

Power User
Greg's playing tonight here in Austin at the Saxon Pub. Roscoe Beck on bass and Malford Milligan on vocals. Killer band.. Greg rarely makes it to Austin, so it's a rare treat.

Was a killer show.. Greg's one of the best players I've seen. Huge range of tones and styles from just a tele into a drive pedal (his signature "Triple Gristle"), Boss DD-7 and a rented Deluxe Reverb RI.. Roscoe Beck really filled out the sound with his technique (tapping 2-note chords on the high strings while playing a bass line with his left hand).. Robben Ford Blue Line era rhythm section with Roscoe Beck and Tom Brechtlein on drums..

Damn I had no idea! Would have loved to have seen that! I agree the David Grissom on Tuesdays is one the best acts to catch around town!

Having Grissom available most Tuesday's is a treat indeed.. there are quite a few killer players around town these days. The "upside" to the difficulty for players to make any money on the road these days is that you can see them a lot more often here at home (Austin/Nashville/LA, etc.)..

Back
Top Bottom