Greetings and guess where I'm currently at? (Yeah, its Iran)

Ooh... hope the trip is a great one!
As always, the best part of traveling is finding amazing food... IMO. Do that.

Iran..... What do I win? LOL.....

Yeah, it's Iran. You win a 10.000 rial note. Which me and my friend used to jokingly call a Khomeini note, as he's on it. When I first came here in 1998 it was the biggest bill in the Iranian currency, €1,82 in todays currency if memory serves me right. Now it's worth like €0,08. They do seem to be having a bit of an inflation problem here.

I'd post more pictures and of more interesting stuff, but I'm here as a guest to a wedding. A friend of mine is married to an Iranian and her brother is getting married so all I get to see is shops and dusty streets. Also, internet is kinda slow here. And behind the Great Iranian Firewall.

Ooh... hope the trip is a great one!
As always, the best part of traveling is finding amazing food... IMO. Do that.

My fourth time here so I think I sampled quite a lot of it already. One thing I always do look forward too are the hamburgers. Iranian do know how to make a good hamburger. Sounds mundane to try a hamburger in such a place but they introduced me to it, I didn't ask for it. It's huge and its tasty. Stay away from the pizza's here though. Unless they are homecooked. And I hope I get some ice cream here soon. I reckon its as good as Italian ice cream.

Judging from the Dutch documentaries, it's an awesome country, with real friendly and intelligent people. It's on my wish list.

best part of the middle east is driving... no rules, no laws. anarchy on the roads

is iran one of the companies that have at a minimum what side of the road you drive on? or either way is fine?

Jordan has what side of the road to drive on- but I heard in some parts of Egypt they don't even have that- and you can go whatever way you want/can

best part of the middle east is driving... no rules, no laws. anarchy on the roads

is iran one of the companies that have at a minimum what side of the road you drive on? or either way is fine?

Jordan has what side of the road to drive on- but I heard in some parts of Egypt they don't even have that- and you can go whatever way you want/can

I think they have traffic laws here, I'm not sure anyone abides by them. Total anarchy here. We did pass the site of a traffic accident last night which looked like they had some fatalities.

20190816_214253.jpg

I came across an actual live band yesterday evening. We were about with a friend and he had to use a toilet, so he took us to an arthouse. And to my surprise I heard the sweet sound of live music somewhere. So I opened up a door and there was a band playing in some sort of cinema setting. How cool is that?

Last edited:
jeez about the accident- i surprisingly didn't see any despite expecting to see a million- they drove pretty well- i saw one fender bender in the 2 months (1 month 2 times) i was there- and we did tons of driving

Back
Top Bottom