Green Day - Holiday Cover

Here's a quick cover I did of Holiday by Green Day. All of the guitars you hear are mine.

That sounds right on and your playing is perfect!

What amp. did you use? I've been wanting to learn to play some Green Day, but I can't get the right tone.

Appreciate it, man! I used the Modern FAS amp and tonematched the original track. The preset is below.

-Will

Attachments

• HOLIDAY.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 54
Appreciate it, man! I used the Modern FAS amp and tonematched the original track. The preset is below.

-Will

Very kind of you to share the preset...thanks very much! :)

Do you have an XL/XL+? [Edit] I asked about version because the preset didn't appear to load in my MK-I. I tried to load it in Fractool, but it wouldn't see it either. Turns out, the download kept failing. Finally got it though.

Now I just need to learn to play the song! I think I have an American Idiot tab book kicking around. Your video will certainly help a lot to.

How do you like the Edwards? Sounds amazing. Looks just like my 87 LPC, that used to be white and is now yellow. What pickups do you have in it?

Last edited:
No prob! I just have the standard Axe II. I absolutely love my Edwards guitar. The value, craftsmanship, play-ability and tone are stellar. I can't see myself playing anything else. It was totally worth importing it from Japan. For pickups, it has the stock pickups: (Neck) Seymour Duncan SH-1n (Bridge) Seymour Duncan SH-4..

Your preset sounds really good...even with a Strat. Can't wait to try it with my LP.

I presume this preset will work for pretty much all of the songs on American Idiot. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom