Greatest band of all time?

What is the greatest band of all time?

• Total voters
I, also really couldn't pick just one. Now I am in the older crowd and definitely Led Zep had a profound influence on me. I went on R&R from Nam in 1969. First time I ever did acid was in a crazy Australian club, and the the DJ was spinnin , yes. Led Zep. what an introduction. True story continues with Led Zep, when I got home after Nam was sitting in a car, bunch of guys and gals smokin hash. Whole Lotta love was blastin on the radio in the car. Remember the psychedelic part, well of course you do. I actually had to jump out of the car because it just freaked me out big time.

For me, Allman Bros (orig) Led Zep and the beatles in no particular order................

I, also really couldn't pick just one. Now I am in the older crowd and definitely Led Zep had a profound influence on me. I went on R&R from Nam in 1969. First time I ever did acid was in a crazy Australian club, and the the DJ was spinnin , yes. Led Zep. what an introduction. True story continues with Led Zep, when I got home after Nam was sitting in a car, bunch of guys and gals smokin hash. Whole Lotta love was blastin on the radio in the car. Remember the psychedelic part, well of course you do. I actually had to jump out of the car because it just freaked me out big time.

For me, Allman Bros (orig) Led Zep and the beatles in no particular order................

That’s such a great story! It’s amazing how jarring sounds can be when we’re not used to them at all. I had a similar reaction I heard On the Run and the self titled song from Black Sabbath. My brain just didn’t k know how to react.

You guys are going to bankroll Uli Behringer’s next Chevette Hatchback if you keep this up.

Uli may get rich, but you're the one whose going to make him rich, cause you're the one whose going to pay for all those V-amps. :p

I can appreciate zep now that I’m older. The song and riff writing was stolen. They will be locked in court for centuries to come I imagine.

Fixed it for ya. :p;)

Don't get me wrong, I love Led Zep, they could write some good tunes, but when it came to nicking songs of other people they also knew no shame.

Last edited:
Price is going to spike on v-amps.

And the funny thing is, Led Zeppelin is one of the great bands of history. It's just that there are so many other bands in that category. And there is taste, Led Zep kicks ass, and there is logic, the Beatles for the sheer amount of influence they had on everyone else, including Led Zeppelin. And I again say that as somebody who prefers Led Zeppelin a million times over the Beatles.

Behringer is going to make a killing on v-amps and hippietim is going to go broke buying them all for us.

And then he will get beaten to death with them as he tries to replace our Fractal units with them. Cause I will only relinquish mine over my dead body.

I always balk at GOAT comparisons, since music is so subjective. For me, I'd say my favorites during my formative years were Yes, Jethro Tull, and Kansas. (My playing is nothing like any of those bands, though.) My first album was Abbey Road, so the Beatles were part of the formative years as well. Led Zep and the Stones were a big influence on my playing, largely through osmosis. Same with Mountain and The James Gang.

Anyone that answers incorrectly must do their next gig with a V-Amp.

Thanks, but I'll stick with my M-Audio Black Box. it's got built-in drums. :p

If Zeppelin just had Jon Lord on keyboards, Gillan or Coverdale on vocals and Blackmore on the guitar...

:D

If Zeppelin just had Jon Lord on keyboards, Gillan or Coverdale on vocals and Blackmore on the guitar...

Ahhhh nice another Deep Purple freak...they, and Blackmore, were my biggest musical influences growing up. I just got the remastered "Made In Japan" last weekend. "Highway Star" is the most furious live album opener ever IMO....Deep Purple is my favorite hard rock band for sure...

Also just picked up the 35th Anniversary CD set of "Come Taste The Band". I've not heard it in decades and never really liked it back in the day...it wasn't the Purple I knew and loved; a huge departure from their hard rock days. It's a great record, can appreciated it now after all these years.

Back
Top Bottom