Greatest band of all time?

What is the greatest band of all time?

• Total voters
"This isn't Nam Smokey...".
-Walter Solchuk

As stated previously, that was the metric I supplied. My point being, that because the original question did not specify a metric, the differing answers are due to the metrics applied, which is really the more interesting part. For example, you answered "Kiss", my question is what metric did you use?...you stated that's who got you playing or something to that effect....again, specific to "you."

So if an Alien landed on your lawn and asked you the same question (greatest band of all time?) your answer would be Kiss...and then if the alien asked you how you know this to be? your answer would be because that's why "I" started playing guitar? Then I would say you don't understand the intent of the question. Yes, it's a flawed question that can't be answered as written...I think everyone gets that and thats part of the fun these things generate. In the absence of a metric, everyone supplies their own, effectively changing the original question to "What band had the greatest impact on me"? Remove "me" from the metric and replace to with "everyone" and see If your answer changes.

Apologize for the length, I may have gone a bowl too deep.

And let's leave the CAPS to the kids...were all adults here capable of civil discourse.

Peace, Beatles and V-amps to all.
You know, if you read what I actually wrote, you would see that I agreed with you at least 2 or 3 times already in this thread that if we were talking about the band with the greatest impact my answer would be the same as yours.

My comment about KISS was a reply to someone else, and was not an answer to any question.

I can and will use caps for emphasis on certain words in my posts. It's hard to do otherwise in a text-based form.

Back
Top Bottom