Great to do some Boston again ...

reclavea

Fractal Fanatic
After so long....great to do some Boston again....
especially here overseas in the tropic jungle!! LOL!

Dark stage ...i know...

Needs a bit more tightening ...ie leads, timing, vcls...etc

But dang the AX8 is a serious tone machine!!!

I'm sneakin' in these great classics in our top 40 old school dance party nights! Crowd loves these sing a long between dancing tunes.

Wish I had this baby back when for years I had to lug my 2x12, Mesa Mark III 21" hardwood head, Triaxis/2:90 and racks of effects!

Thanks to Fractal....its really is great to be a guitar player today!

I look forward to sounding even tighter next week LOL! ....;)

Last edited:
Wow - that sounds really great. What amp sim are you using (and cab sim) Do you care to share the patch ?

Yes no problem. You may have to tweak the gain settings and EQ a bit depending on your guitar. I’ve tweaked the patch using a “Tone Zone” humbucker in the bridge.

A cocked wah would work super on that crunch rhythm break btw.

I think I may need a little less hair on the rhythm and more on the leads I think .....but then again that patrons phone recording could be deceiving lol

Notice too the rhythm got loud and then back down after that break? I think maybe the full music was a bit compressed FOH ....and that part jumped as a result ...not sure as it is the same scene part in all the rhythm parts

Then again may just be the phone recording ...??

I am looking at that Tone Zone pickup after hearing a friend of mine play through my AX8 with his Ibanez. How do you like it? Is it similar to the Super Distortion?

I am looking at that Tone Zone pickup after hearing a friend of mine play through my AX8 with his Ibanez. How do you like it? Is it similar to the Super Distortion?

No ...very dissimilar. I don’t like the Super Distortion though that is what Scholtz uses.

The Tone Zone is similar to a vintage PAF but voiced very discretely such that heavier more modern rock tones are favored imho.

It is a bit hotter than a PAF but not so hot that would make it unfit for other styles. A great all around pickup that is not over the top...but sits at the top if that makes any sense.

Here's the AX8 patch. Again tweak accordingly.

Scene 1 clean
Scene 2 Main rhythm w/delay
Scene 3 Main rhythm
Scene 4 same as scene 5 but delay x lower delay
Scene 5 Main lead

Scene 6 ...gtr scraping fx for break part at the end of "Foreplay" before "Longtime" starts
Scene 7 ....louder fx
Scene 8 ....Main lead with higher feedback delays

I press and hold Scene 3, 4 and 5 to access Scene 6, 7 and 8

Attachments

• ForeplayLong.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom