Great success with using pitch shifter to tune down

I'm starting to like the sound and feel better when turning pitch tracking " off"
I feel the delay is a bit less

Let me know what you all think

Guys...when you say first block in the chain......is this before the amp or after? I only use reverb and delay which are after the amp.

So would it be 1. pitch 2. amp 3. cab 4. delay 5. reverb

or 1. amp 2. cab 3. pitch 4. delay 5. reverb?

Anthony,

Thanks for starting this thread. I have had mixed experiences with the pitch block. Some days it sounds good, other days it sounds on delay. It definitely had improved with FW8 I believe per the release notes. I will have to try your settings and see if that improves. I never really thought about copying the patch and have it dedicated to the detune and adjust the gain and other parameters with the detune on to compensate. Thanks for that tip. Great idea!

Half a step may be fine. Sound quality and feel get worse as you get down to D and C tuning which is expected.

The delay is definitely less which is great, but I don't think the tone is at the point where I can switch between pitch block being or off. There is too much of a tonal change when I engage the drop tuning. It helps to have a simultaneous EQ block activated i order to boost the mids and highs a bit which I notice is lacking a bit with the drop tuning off.
Either try that or I sometimes just make a separate preset for the drop tuning. That way I can dial in the EQ where I want it and make it specifically for the drop tuning preset

There are times when I still prefer to grab a drop tuned guitar. Like when I play sweet child o mine and I need the feeling and tone to be 100%

Guys...when you say first block in the chain......is this before the amp or after? I only use reverb and delay which are after the amp.

I have it as the VERY FIRST BLOCK of the entire chain. Before everything and anything

First block in the chain. Amp is a block right?

Ive done it using AD whammy, setting mix to 100% and taking the using the down knob by however many semitones

Last edited:
Same here buddy, I use a floyd rose locked guitar and I use the pitch shifter to tune down a half step every band practice!

can anyone upload a pitch block i could try..i play in a band that drops down to Eb and it can be a pin with different guitars etc..thanks

Back
Top Bottom