Great site for Cover Band guys who are learning songs

Rich G.

Experienced
I'm in three cover bands and am constantly learning songs of various genres. I recently found this Karaoke Versions site that lets you play a sample of the song broken down into separate tracks. Sometimes it really helps to hear an isolated guitar or (especially for me) background vocal track when learning the song. You can get the whole song, but you have to pay for it. Just thought I'd share something I found useful.

These aren't the original versions, but some are so close it's scary.

Cool, thx for the link. I usually use transcribe to slow things down but it will not isolate so that is super cool

Very nice! Thanks for sharing!

If often go to iTunes and look for Karaoke versions so I can sing over them in my car (when learning vocals).
But isolated tracks is even better!

I've downloaded the multi-track versions to a bunch of songs on this site. They are an awesome learning tool. Punch them into a Logic project and slow them down or loop to learn, then we start replacing tracks with our own recording to build a backing track to play live to. Very helpful and reasonable.

yep ..... I'm a fan of karaoke version ..... if you've the patience you can download each stem individually and rebuild in your DAW .... would be nice if they had individual separated stems for the backing vox .... but obviously in karaoke a pre-mixed track for those is all you would require. Still, it's a good site to visit if you're learning a cover with lots of low mixed guitar in.

These are better than many other choices, IMO..used a few in a solo show I did coupla years ago...

Back
Top Bottom