Great Music Movies To Stream?

iaresee

Administrator
I've watched my usual cadre of music-related films. Whatchat got for me Fractal forum?

Stuff in the vein of Muscle Shoals or 20 Feet from Stardom. Or even really excellent, live shows like Mayer's Where the Light Is, where you get some commentary mixed in with live music.

There's also a John Coltrane one, I think called "Chasing Trane" maybe? Also on Netflix.

Sound City on Amazon Prime is cool, on the surface it's about the history of the recording studio that recorded Fleetwood Mac, Nirvana, and a bunch of other bands, but the heart of the story is really about the Neve soundboard they used.

There are many great documentaries on Amazon Prime. In the past few days, I've watched ones about the Allman Brothers Band, Led Zeppelin and Todd Rundgren... the last one was festinating, as Part 1 was a great sit down interview with Todd.

There are many great documentaries on Amazon Prime. In the past few days, I've watched ones about the Allman Brothers Band, Led Zeppelin and Todd Rundgren... the last one was festinating, as Part 1 was a great sit down interview with Todd.
Yes, Amazon Prime is actually WAY better than Netflix IMO. I don't like nonsense, and I find nearly all "original" and "creative contemporary" nonsense to be nonsense, HOWEVER I can watch Documentaries peppered with an intermittent stand up special ALL Day on Prime, and Amazon has good shows too- Man in the high castle, sneaky pete, and others......

I recommend Amazon Prime, if its relevant to your question OP, otherwise, anyone who doesn't have streaming service and cant decide between Hulu or Netflix= Get Amazon Prime

The Satriani doc done by his son was cool.

I'm sure you've seen It Might Get Loud?

Robert Trujillo's JACO was really good.

Watched the ZZ Top documentary on Netflix last night and it was pretty good. There is also a good Miles Davis doc on Netflix.

If you haven't seen Funky Monks, I highly recommend it. It is about the making of Blood Sugar Sex Magic. I think its on YouTube.

Between My Mind and Me has been rewatched a few times, of course. And I did the Dead series on Amazon -- very, very good.

Butch Walker: Out of Focus
Dear Jack
Hired Gun
Until the Light Takes Us // Lords of Chaos
Death by Metal
Winger: Then and Now

Back
Top Bottom