Great Mike Ness documentary on YouTube

lqdsnddist

Axe-Master
Just came across this new online series Ernie Ball is doing called "In Pursuit of Tone"..... This episode is about one of my favorite guitar players/song writers, Mike Ness of Social Distortion, one of my favorite bands growing up...

Pretty well shot and entertaining 55 minute piece, with some really cool old guitars and amps (and cars)

I don’t fully agree with every opinion he has on gear these days, but still really cool to hear him talking about all his influences growing up etc I thought, and he’s much less of a dick now too lol. Don’t get me wrong, Social D was a huge influence on me and I think he’s an amazing song writer, but in his younger years he was kind of annoying on a personal level, and of course the same can be said for myself. Age and experience tend to help mellow most of us a bit and we realize we actually didn’t know it all back then lol. Also great to see his true passion for music and continuing to stay true to that always.

Really a guy that has been through some tough times and came through it all a better man, all the while drawing on it for some awesome songs that no doubt helped lots of listeners going through the same stuff.

Back
Top Bottom