Great alternative while waiting for the Axe Fx 2

electricnemesis

I have found a great alternative to getting great tube sounds although I know it won't touch all the features of the Axe, but to those that sold their Ultras and have a nervous twitch; check out Scuffham Amps S- Series. Downloadable to try for 15 days. I'm digging it as I wait patiently (a year or so) until I'll get my greedy little grubs on the Axe 2. I know there were threads that mentioned Scuffham Amps.If you haven't heard it yet and have a audio interface check it out. Just thought I'd chime in and let some people know (not affiliated with them,been here wanting an Axe badly). I would be at a loss if I had to sell something and never know when my new replacement is going to be available.

Tried this a couple of weeks ago. Best sounding software amp sim I've tried, and Ive tried them all.

Pc only :-(

I checked out the site a few weeks ago after seeing an ad for it in one of the guitar mags. The demo tracks sound great.

I've been testing this out for the last two days and it's really very good.
It lacks a bit for those that are into really high gain but I have overcome that by using the free ts808 vst I found online, plenty of gain now :) if the high gain tones were a little tighter in the bottom end it would be perfect.

It sits really well in a mix and feels nice under the fingers too.

Definitely has the best clean and mid gain tones I have heard from a modelling unit.

It'll do the trick until axe2 comes my way that's for sure.

Also am having fun with overloud th2, it's a really good one too with lots more options than the scuffham, it doesnt feel quite as nice as scuffham but it does have alot more options a really nice GUI and it uses much less CPU overhead compared to the scuffham,

As an owner of axe fx Ultra (until recently) I could happily recommend scuffham and overloud.

WHAT AND WHERE IS THE TS808?
I've been testing this out for the last two days and it's really very good.
It lacks a bit for those that are into really high gain but I have overcome that by using the free ts808 vst I found online, plenty of gain now :) if the high gain tones were a little tighter in the bottom end it would be perfect.

It sits really well in a mix and feels nice under the fingers too.

Definitely has the best clean and mid gain tones I have heard from a modelling unit.

It'll do the trick until axe2 comes my way that's for sure.

Also am having fun with overloud th2, it's a really good one too with lots more options than the scuffham, it doesnt feel quite as nice as scuffham but it does have alot more options a really nice GUI and it uses much less CPU overhead compared to the scuffham,

As an owner of axe fx Ultra (until recently) I could happily recommend scuffham and overloud.

Back
Top Bottom