FM3 GRAND FUSION: TEXTURES album in the making with gear walk-throughs

Good stuff, I like it. I have a CD from Buckethead that reminds me of that

Buckethead must suck. Seriously, thanks, but also... I love instrumental stuff, and it doesn't have to be super fast wankery, etc. I like things that are melodic, sometimes spacey, psychedelia, etc. Consequently, what album(s) do you suggest of his a solid starting point?

Buckethead must suck. Seriously, thanks, but also... I love instrumental stuff, and it doesn't have to be super fast wankery, etc. I like things that are melodic, sometimes spacey, psychedelia, etc. Consequently, what album(s) do you suggest of his a solid starting point?

Most of his music is very hard and fast, but he wrote a couple dreamy atmospheric soundscape type albums. Colma is one that I can remember.

Not hearing much Iommi-esque in there, but that's ok. As long as it got you writing!

Nice atmospheric stuff - very "moody".
Exactly, if you watch the video I indicated that the concept originally was to pay homage to Iommi, and then things changed. That riff with the heavy vibe (FM3 preset by Larry Mitchell)? Originally, it was a heavy doom type distortion... and then I got Mitchell's preset and wanted to use it. Therefore, from stoner type doom rock to what you now hear.

Back
Top Bottom