Grado Reference Series headphones

steve_k

Inspired
I spent a lot of time dialing in the Axe with headphones only to find myself having to re-EQ for live play and the tone from the CLR's. I got to thinking maybe to invest in a good set of reference series headphones. I started out looking at the Audeze LCD2 but ended up buying the Grado RS1i's. Damn, what a world of difference it makes to spend a bit more on some quality headphones. My ears are happy and the tweaks come much easier. I was dealing with Drew at Moon Audio and he's actually guided my purchase. Good advice....

Steve

for me, there are no cans/iem's that will ever translate to any live application. some can do it, i can't...

I spent a lot of time dialing in the Axe with headphones only to find myself having to re-EQ for live play and the tone from the CLR's. I got to thinking maybe to invest in a good set of reference series headphones. I started out looking at the Audeze LCD2 but ended up buying the Grado RS1i's. Damn, what a world of difference it makes to spend a bit more on some quality headphones. My ears are happy and the tweaks come much easier. I was dealing with Drew at Moon Audio and he's actually guided my purchase. Good advice....

Steve

I'm sure those headphones are nice but i would only use cans for checking sounds for recording.

Too many variables with fletcher Munson, room acoustics, for my tastes.

I'm sure they kill regular cans for dialing in patches if that is what you have been using.

I can't remember what you power your axe with? SS amp? FRFR ?

Grados are amazing headphones. My cheapy -60s have served me very well for over a decade now.

That being said, anything I dial in at home with headphones still doesn't translate very well to big, loud, and live. Perfect in the headphones sounds thin and bright in the mix.

Back
Top Bottom