GR-300 Preset re: Pat Metheny?

∞Fractals

Fractal Fanatic
Just saw him play FRI night in Portland. (lifetime awesome!)

How to get that classic sound on our newly updated AXE IIIs?

Used to have the @simeon ,@fremen paid preset on the II, but don't have the single preset saved nor fractool. Any other alternatives or suggestions? Even how to start to build on the synths in the AXE III? I know envelops were part of it along triggering different synth voices along with filters, but it was too complex for me to memorize at the time. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
like to get my hands on Pats kemper profiles.........

Honestly, they were mostly typical jazz tones with low treble, on an archtop hollowbody bridge PUp with a piezo; dual output.

Also a Godin-like nylon with piezo. Not much delay except one song with Antonio playing though same delay. Mostly reverb (had no idea which one - not in rack w/ Kemper).

The GR300 was real, via solid body with an RS232 looking cable.

All guitars cabled; no wireless. Except his 42 string Pikkoso acoustic. That seemed to be mic'ed. Maybe had a cable too for piezos?

The concert was nearly all acoustic with a 9' grand piano, upright acoustic bass and Antonio Sanchez and a kit. Live stage sound, reinforced. No IEMs, but foam plugs on drums and bass.

Killer 24 hrs in Portland - jeepers ... just top notch.

Last edited:
yes, i enjoyed his recent performanceat the Chicago Theatre more than many of. his recent shows, he was much more willing than usual to do his most crowd pleasing classics which he seldom revisits live...nd antonio sanchez is a motherfuxker drummer...and spent much of the last couple weeks listneing to his awesome percussion score while binge watching the great Get Shorty series on EPIX...

Here is my preset. Converted from the II and un tweaked. It works pretty well.
Note that I have a Volume Pedal assignment and a Pitch control assignment to external controller which you'll have to remove/change.
Cheers!

Attachments

• GR 300 Patzag.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 152
Thanks fellas. Will try the above. ^^^

Went and got fractool to get a patch from axe exchange - btw, super cool how fracpad does that conversion painlessly. But the adsr envelopes need tweaks on that DL. ;)

Here is my preset. Converted from the II and un tweaked. It works pretty well.
Note that I have a Volume Pedal assignment and a Pitch control assignment to external controller which you'll have to remove/change.
Cheers!
Hi, I’m looking for a preset that simulates a nylon string guitar. Is that what this preset does? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom