Gotoh Wilkinson VS1300

I wish it had the intonation screw in the plane of the body (adjust from back of saddle) rather than orthogonal to the body (tighten / loosen from top of saddle). I find the top adjust style difficult to adjust precisely and very difficult to adjust under string tension. Otherwise, it looks nice.

I have many Wilkinson trems on some of my favorite Carvin guitars . Was looking at this as an upgrade... Not sure now....lots of unknowns and obstacles .. Worth a look. Not what I was hoping to see.

I wish it had the intonation screw in the plane of the body (adjust from back of saddle) rather than orthogonal to the body (tighten / loosen from top of saddle). I find the top adjust style difficult to adjust precisely and very difficult to adjust under string tension. Otherwise, it looks nice.
It does have the bolt at the back. The one on top is just to lock it down in place after you set the intonation and action.

I have many Wilkinson trems on some of my favorite Carvin guitars . Was looking at this as an upgrade... Not sure now....lots of unknowns and obstacles .. Worth a look. Not what I was hoping to see.

This is true with any bridge swap. This video is just about making sure you buy the right length block.

I changed my VS-100 to a Wilkinson Convertible Trem and then to a Gotoh VS .... Ran into some of the stud issues brought up in the video.. Had to epoxy new ones into body ... Just an FYI if doing a full bridge upgrade... There is more to the video than the trem block dimensions .

Last edited:
I changed my VS-100 to a Wilkinson Convertible Trem and then to a Gotoh VS .... Ran into some of the stud issues brought up in the video.. Had to epoxy new ones into body ... Just an FYI if doing a full bridge upgrade... There is more to the video than the trem block dimensions .
The post width issues are entirely of Warmoth's own making . NOBODY else drills the position on the treble side stud in that position, the whole point of the open treble side knife edge was to accommodate small differences as long as the bass side was correct. The VS100 fits perfectly on the 510 and fender two post position, but the 510 won't go on the WARMOTH VS100 stud position because WARMOTH moved it across the open knife. if you have a two post Fender all three will fit directly on the fender posts and the Gotoh posts fit directly in the hold that fender drill in to the body. This is a problem only on Warmoth bodies.

Thanks for your info... I must have been imagining my PERSONAL experience with a non Warmouth / factory Carvin installation where the post threads and insert dimensions between various Gotoh and Wilkinson's were non compatible...like the video showed , not the drilling spacing .. Not saying that it would be an issue now , maybe I just ran into a mismatched hardware dilemma ...just trying to let users to be aware of the manufacturing diferences so that they don't wind up in the bind that I did .

The Gotoh 510 and the Wilkinson VS100 ship with the exact same studs. Carvin use the budget VS50K Korean OEM Wilkinson which indeed comes with different studs. If you get the VS100 it says by Gotoh on it then all is compatible. The other thing to remember is that all three bridges will work perfectly on the studs in a two post fender or each others. I would use the Gotoh ones though because of the stud lock.

Pete Thorn just talked about making some improvements to the lockingsaddles themselves.
might be something new coming in the future.

Back
Top Bottom