Got to hear someone else play my rig - any lingering doubt is gone

guitarjim

Experienced
During a gig on Saturday, a friend of another band member wanted to sit in on a song. I set him up on a Super Reverb patch with some drive and got to listen to my rig live for the first time. I've been playing the Axe since January and anyone who has read my posts knows I love it. But there's also been a small lingering doubt in the back of my mind about how the rig measures up in a live setting, because I've never had a chance to really analyze it. I was totally blown away when I actually got a chance to relax and listen closely. Everything about the tone was just fantastic and it cut through the mix great. I see a lot of local bands and plenty of guitar players play that amp. The Axe sounds as good or better than anything I've heard in local clubs. I had a smile from ear to ear, like a proud father. My confidence on stage has never been higher for this mediocre guitar player.

Thats cool. Theres nothing quite like having a tone that just shines.....so much so that it takes your playing to another level! Congrats!

I got my AF2 in Feb of this year.

Any doubts I had about the Axe-Fx disappeared when I hooked it up to a Matrix GT1000Fx and Q12 cab.

I have already done 17 gigs this year with the Axe - 13 of them with the Matrix amp/cab.

FW10 absolutely killed any desire to revisit tube amps.

Reactions: Ole
Had the same thing kind of... guy was older, use to using a 4x12 and head with a boost pedal.. I had him going through my HB patch and showed him how to turn on the tube screamer... it sounded great out front... funny thing I've seen videos of the band with his rig, and it sounded like a metal zone through a gorilla amp ;)

Had the same thing kind of... guy was older, use to using a 4x12 and head with a boost pedal.. I had him going through my HB patch and showed him how to turn on the tube screamer... it sounded great out front... funny thing I've seen videos of the band with his rig, and it sounded like a metal zone through a gorilla amp ;)

LOL - Hopefully he won't read this thread.

Cool...it's so nice when you have total confidence in your rig and tones...it all gets out of the way and you can just play.

I remember the first time a friend came up and used my rig to jam with the band before a show at soundcheck; I had an AC30 preset that was tuned really well to work with the volume control and I was floored when I heard it out front with the band...just killer. Was very inspired that night!

I don't know why people don't automatically get out in the audience, pre-set, let alone let a friend or the other guitarist if you got one rip it up for you.

Back
Top Bottom