Got to give TC Electronics some props

sarge

Power User
I still enjoy my tube amps, and still enjoy stomp boxes. So I recently picked up the TC Electronics Flashback Delay.

If I could pick one thing that put this pedal head and shoulders above others I have tried is the fact that it simply does not alter your tone.

Was using another high quality delay pedal, and while a good delay, the moment I hit the pedal I could tell simply by the change in tone it was on. Not the case with the Flashback.

They (TC Electronics) claim that there pedal leaves the dry tone completely untouched when there pedals are engaged. I'm not sure how that is possible, but I have to give them credit.
I can be mid note or chord and turn on the delay, and you can't tell it is on till you hear the repeat.

The delays themselves sound fabulous as well.

Liked the flashback so much when I went to get a reverb pedal went straight to there "Hall of Fame" pedal. Same thing. Original tone is unaltered.

LOVE IT!!!

If you still enjoy your tube amps and like some high quality stomp boxes, I have to give these two pedals major props.

I'm saving up for the Corona chorus next.

They have kind of had the same effect on me Fractal has. I'm so pleased with the Axe FX line I simply won't bother looking at anything else. Just not interested.

Was so impressed with the flashback and there ability to keep the dry tone intact, I'm not bothering to look at any other brands for these time based stomp boxes.

I agree. I bought both the delay and verb used and put them on a grab and go pedalboard. They're great sounding pedals. I still use the Axe the huge majority of the time, but I'm very happy with the sound of the delay/verb pedals of this series.

Yeah I also use my Axe for most things.

I was originally using my Axe FX in the loop. It sounds great. But then I started skipping my amps preamp section entirely using the Axe FX amps cause they sound so freaking awesome. Then at that point what was the point of the amp anyway?

Now when using my amps I stick with stomp boxes. They are fun.

So far the TC Electronics stuff has been the best I have used.

I use the Hall of Fame with my Splawn, and it really brings it to life with no negative side effects (no pun intended).

Yea I just picked up the hall of fame and agree. I'm using an el capistan for delays, but if i didn't have that, id have the flashback.

Good to know.. I still have plenty of pedals and a few amps- I'll have to demo those two pedals soon.

I'm gassing for the new Voice Live 3. The guitar section of it has those pedal algorithms baked in. So many toys..... :)

TC Electronic has been making really great sounding gear for a long time. Until the AxeFx came around, the TC G Force was the standard bearer for rack effects processors for a lot of heavyweight touring players, and rightly so. It just so happens, though, that Fractal Audio has apparently outdone them at their own game (multi-effect rack processing) and they now seem to be putting their focus elswhere (plug-ins, vocal processors, stomps, etc.).

No doubt, though, TC makes good sounding sh!t.

I've had a flashback for a while now. Great delay pedal. I like really clean delays so I tended to use mine in 2290 mode most of the time but it was nice having the other flavors. The PC editor that's now available is the icing on the cake.

That said, the only pedal I've used since I bought my Axe 2 is my EH HOG 2.

I've had a flashback for a while now. Great delay pedal. I like really clean delays so I tended to use mine in 2290 mode most of the time but it was nice having the other flavors. The PC editor that's now available is the icing on the cake.

That said, the only pedal I've used since I bought my Axe 2 is my EH HOG 2.

Mine pretty much stays on 2290 for lead tones.

I have been using Mod for clean tones.

Back
Top Bottom