got the axe!

just got the axe fx 3. impressive machine. i have to read manual, i’m used to put pedals in series, i see there a lot of blocks and i really don’t know how to manage them. sometimes i add just a pedal and it says i can’t add it cos there is not enough cpu, possible (even if there are not so many effects)?
once uodated to 12.14 i notice an improvement about quality pf sound.
what’s the best way to plug digitech trio band plus and boss ve2 vocal processor?
thanks

can you please telle how to set a preset as favourite?

There's no "favorites" option, per se, but you can assign colors to presets and then sort all presets by color. To assign a color to a preset, load the Presets list, right-click a preset and select a color from the "Assign Color" list. To sort/locate presets by color, choose a color from the "Filter by Color" drop-down menu at the top of the Presets list.

i really like delay modulation 2090 (or something like that), it makes sound my tone better in stereo, it doesn't happen always with other effects

i really like delay modulation 2090 (or something like that), it makes sound my tone better in stereo, it doesn't happen always with other effects

There are some mono blocks, like AMP or DRV. Any effect connected before these blocks, even if it is stereo, will be processed as mono.

From the user manual:
Axe-Fx III Owner's Manual.png

Normally, it is possible to get practically any desired sound without overdriving the CPU. A view to Chapter 8 of the manual "Blocks Guide" will familiarize you with the different effects.

ok thanks. there are some presets where i have just an amp and some effects, if i try to insert a plexy delay with a large amount of mix level it says i'm overdriving the cpu. it happens just with some presets.
i've to study hard to understand this machine, very amazing.

just noticed when i click on reverb it appears only reverb 2, reverb 1 is not clickable. why? even if there is not any other reverb on the blocks

no. i've tried almost all the presets and i can insert just reverb 2. maybe all the preset have reverb 1 included? i try to see again this evening.

Saving presets is the least it can do.. Though, If a preset already has a Reverb in it, then you'll only have an option to add a second, I think..

High quality cabs, reverbs, and effects like drives will lean-heavily on the CPU. Knowing that, there Are ways to free-up CPU if necessary - by lowering the quality of cabs and reverbs (etc.) and removing drives which aren't being utilized in scenes and moving them into channels, etc..

Which ..all sounds like word-soup to you right now, maybe.. :0)

Definitely spend time with the manual. It's a dry read, but it's a lot of machine and you only have to read that manual once - having said that, it IS a remarkably easy machine to learn and you can quickly get your head around all it can do when you know what all those options will basically do.. Unfortunately, there's no real substitute for going through the manual to more quickly learn those options.

..once you get your head around 'scenes', you'll wonder how you ever lived without them. :0) ..took me a while to get my head around all this thing will do.. I'm an old-school stomp-box guy, too. But, once you learn how to use this thing, in most all respects, it's just a much better system..

🤔 ..Needs more knobs I can twiddle.. Needs more knobs! Programmable knobs for drive - amp controls - delay, m'be.. a separate rack-space USB linked control unit!!! with programmable knobs on I can twiddle.. :D ...That's what it needs! ... :oops: **sigh ..ain't nuthin' perfect is it! :0)

Yeah-yeah-yeah... "Opinions" -blah-blah-blah.. :0)

But.. Even lacking more knobs.. It's still pretty-good! :0)

its the model of the TC 2290 delay.... its a landmark unit and a piece of delay history... delay history... delay history

and relax.. and read the manual :)

I’ll never understand the lack of interest or desire and learning your instrument. If you play electric guitar, “electric” is half the damn title. How do you use electricity is up to you…

But if it’s a modeler, I would think you would love reading the manual. (I did before I even bought the unit.)

From a baseline on how to get practical amplification and effects to meet my needs, I learned about amplifiers and FX I could never afford IRL.

I am so happy now not to have all the horrible switching, all the physical wires, all the analog connections, load and lifting not to mention the gremlins and EMI from various sources. It’s so nice to have it virtual all in one box with world-class toanz.

The help of the awesome manual and the many user guides on Amps and Drives by user/mod yek really offer a lot; with these tools plus the wiki and helpful people on the forum I have learned perhaps 25% of the capabilities of this incredible box. And that’s a lot…

In fact with four continuous controllers and an FC 12 I love when I’m able to deal with the power and flexibility. But with great power comes great responsibility; I find that I get out of what I put into it.

There is a terrific video class that has been updated recently offered by Cooper Carter. Perhaps that’s more your style. It’s A+!

ymmv

Last edited:
ok solved the reverb 1 and 2. i tried to build a new patch from an empty, amazing, and i can insert a lot of effects. i would like to plug digitech trio band plus, i’ve tried to use input 3 and out 3 as send and return but i can’t hear anything from trio. tomorrow i’ll try to read manual.

i’ve downloaded a great postrock patch from internet:incredible shoegaze tone.

I’ll never understand the lack of interest or desire and learning your instrument. If you play electric guitar, “electric” is half the damn title. How do you use electricity is up to you…

But if it’s a modeler, I would think you would love reading the manual. (I did before I even bought the unit.)

From a baseline on how to get practical amplification and effects to meet my needs, I learned about amplifiers and FX I could never afford IRL.

I am so happy now not to have all the horrible switching, all the physical wires, all the analog connections, load and lifting not to mention the gremlins and EMI from various sources. It’s so nice to have it virtual all in one box with world-class toanz.

The help of the awesome manual and the many user guides on Amps and Drives by user/mod yek really offer a lot; with these tools plus the wiki and helpful people on the forum I have learned perhaps 25% of the capabilities of this incredible box. And that’s a lot…

In fact with four continuous controllers and an FC 12 I love when I’m able to deal with the power and flexibility. But with great power comes great responsibility; I find that I get out of what I put into it.

There is a terrific video class that has been updated recently offered by Cooper Carter. Perhaps that’s more your style. It’s A+!

ymmv
I even read my plugin manuals. I just like reading manuals!

i would like to but fc6 to manage all this stuff by foot but it's very expensive, is it possible to use other cheaper midi pedals? what's the difference?

i would like to but fc6 to manage all this stuff by foot but it's very expensive, is it possible to use other cheaper midi pedals? what's the difference?
There are very inexpensive many midi pedals like MorningStar.

However the fractal fc’s are worth their weight in gold. There’s so intelligently integrated you won’t believe the flexibility. Pay once cry once. I got the fc12.

Pros of the FC:
  • The build quality is very good. They are designed for world tour levels of use and that is evident.
  • The LED rings have color coding and scribble scripts in addition to the main display. This makes it easy to quickly navigate the floor board. You might be able to get similar features from a third party MIDI controller, but not on one of the inexpensive ones.
  • The integration with the AxeFx III is seamless. You program everything in Axe Edit or from the front pannel so you don't need to learn another bit of software to use the FC. Also, you don't need to bend down to the floor and scroll through menus on the FC to program it.
  • The tap / hold / layouts / views functionality gives you essentially 216 virtual buttons from a single FC.
  • You only need one standard microphone cable for data transfer and power.
For these reasons I think the FC units are worth the cost.

Back
Top Bottom