1. We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

Got the Axe-Fx 3 and almost fell into the rabbit hole again

Discussion in 'Axe-Fx III Reviews' started by James schelkun, Dec 4, 2018.

1. James schelkun

James schelkun
    Expand Collapse
    New here

I was able to sell my AXE2 and my AX8 to buy the AXE 3.This thing just keeps getting better,but somehow I started to play with all the knobs and the next thing I know my tone is getting fizzy and sounding crappy.Mostly because I was trying amps I never owned and wasn't familiar with.
    So a quick look into Yek's amp guide and a visit to some of my old amps I used to own and its back in tone heaven.I settled in the Legato 100 with Yek's recommended settings and my Kelton Swade 1960 Strat was screaming.Added a Fuzz Face set mild and an RC booster,lost an hour or so playing that one.
    This thing has so much power under the hood its easy to get lost in knob turning.But I just have to remember the basics and keep things simple.If it sounds good then all is ok in my tone world.

PS if you haven't grabbed Yek's ample guide do it,it will save you hours of tone searching.

Dwight Hudson and Rick like this.
  2. unix-guy

unix-guy
    Expand Collapse
    Axe-Master

The next logical step is for you to get the Austin Buddy Naked Tone pack.

Thank me later ;)

Dwight Hudson, bradlake and Daveis like this.
  3. James schelkun

James schelkun
    Expand Collapse
    New here

Most definitely,I bought it for my AX8 and loved it.It makes building presets so much easier with barely any tweaking.

4. bradlake

bradlake
    Expand Collapse
    Fractal Fanatic

Read my mind

unix-guy likes this.