Got some guitar hanging rails for the office....

The bigger ones are Duo 21 customs. Will post a pic with the new Duo 24. Still waiting on the other Duo 17 to replace the custom Duo 21 on the other side, but it'll at least give you an idea of the look.

FM9 fits really nice on a Duo 24.
0918211620_HDR.jpg

Footswitches under-the-deck fit nicely in the holes if you find nice washers (Ace Hardware has these nice chrome ones) and are nice and easy to hit with your toe, and stay out of the way when hitting switches on the FC6 or FM9....
0918211620a_HDR.jpg

This ^^^ board is getting swapped out for a Duo 17 in white, and will be my "old stomps" board.
Thanks...

So is the Duo 21 custom something you had them make for you or is that something you customized yourself?

Thanks...

So is the Duo 21 custom something you had them make for you or is that something you customized yourself?
Temple made them that size. Old house's music room was tiny, so the extra 6" or so total made a difference.

In other news:

WOO HOO! Got the FM9 and FX3 sharing their pool of Control Switches. Each sends CS MIDI on/off on a different set of 6 CC numbers, so there's no clash on the MIDI line, and both devices can access either CS #1-6 or External #11-16 to get a control switch to control something. 🙂 Sometimes I have wished for just one more CS, now I have 6!!!! 😃

The MIDI Block is sending Scene # info on CC #121. Can also set up Scene Increment and Scene Decrement on a couple adjacent controllers if I want, to be able to use those if needed. Once I get the ExpressionIO MIDI 4-pedal expression pedal adapter and hook that inline, I'll be able to share the pedals with both, and even record pedal input in Logic when recording guitar, so reamping with control over the two units is now going to finally be possible....

Today was time well spent on learning the new equipment. will do a backup and save the data before going to bed tonight, so as much as possible, it will be ready to rock as soon as it gets back from CEBA.... 🙂

So I'm wondering with the FM9 do you really need a pb? I'm guessing yes for many but lay out your FM9 connect two EV1/2s and hook up audio USB good to go right? Did FAS design the ultimate PB so you don't need anything else? hmm...

So I'm wondering with the FM9 do you really need a pb? I'm guessing yes for many but lay out your FM9 connect two EV1/2s and hook up audio USB good to go right? Did FAS design the ultimate PB so you don't need anything else? hmm...
My biggest reason for getting the FM9 was to have enough extra CPU to do anything I want without limitations. My presets were already split into 2 rows roughly corresponding to 'stomps & amp/cab' and 'the desk'. I have a couple kitchen sink presets that had to be carefully thought out and settings set to 'economy' where that is available, just to stay under 80%. Offloading the 'stomps & amp/cab' row to the FM9 frees up things in the FX3, and opens the door to 4 amps simultaneously.

Plus, I can do some more 'economical' presets and survive with just the FM9....

My biggest reason for getting the FM9 was to have enough extra CPU to do anything I want without limitations. My presets were already split into 2 rows roughly corresponding to 'stomps & amp/cab' and 'the desk'. I have a couple kitchen sink presets that had to be carefully thought out and settings set to 'economy' where that is available, just to stay under 80%. Offloading the 'stomps & amp/cab' row to the FM9 frees up things in the FX3, and opens the door to 4 amps simultaneously.

Plus, I can do some more 'economical' presets and survive with just the FM9....
I hear you! While I do not have a fm9, based on my waiting list email my guess I'll have one before Christmas's. I'm looking to have "The Whole Farm" presets myself i.e. verbs and delay blocks utilizing the new awesome fm9 cpu architecture + having switching between two different models in my case clean and driven is going to be another big celebration of sound something all of the FX3 users have enjoyed for years, I'm just guessing that I may no longer need a temple board and was wondering if any others will too.

I'm just guessing that I may no longer need a temple board and was wondering if any others will too.
There's still value in using their i/o patch blocks and hooking up your i/o through them under the board: you don't wear your FM9's jacks out - you wear the i/o patch block's jacks out.... ;)

There's still value in using their i/o patch blocks and hooking up your i/o through them under the board: you don't wear your FM9's jacks out - you wear the i/o patch block's jacks out.... ;)
Good point, just wondering though the duty cycle of those fm9 jacks, hmm... are they built to last years of jack in's and outs?

FM9 is back from CEBA....

1001211631_HDR.jpg
1001211631a_HDR.jpg

The cooling fan vent is in the lower left corner under the first footswitch, more or less, so I had to shift the mount in that corner over a bit to clear the fan vent. The perspex bits on the Temple quick-mounts are from @ZenRigs Man and are thick enough that the FM9 and FC6 sit completely off the board, giving good room to tuck cables under them and room for airflow for that fan vent....

IMG_20211001_165125.jpg
1001211816_HDR.jpg

Getting things ready to rock. Waiting on the ExpressionIO MIDI CC box to go under the pedals, then they will be working with both the FM9 and FX3....

Last edited:
Me, too!

I now have everything else. A lot of "bits" showed up over the last week. I made a lot of progress on the board today since I had an extra day off :)

Same here. A few more on the way from Sweetwater to get stuff in/out of the underside of the Temple boards via the standard size patchbay sockets. Got three 10' PowerCon cables with NEMA 15 regular 3-prong plug on the other end for a smoking price - so cheap I couldn't get the connectors and and three extension cords and hack them together. One and two spares. Got two little 2' PowerCon jumper cables (one and a spare) to go between the FM9 board and the pedals board, so the pedal lights and ExpressionIO can have AC power easily. Have a quartet each of the blue and gray PowerCon patchbay sockets, which fit in the standard pass-thru panel-mount hole (unlike the usual AC power outlet), so I can set up all my stuff pretty easily....

FM9 is back from CEBA....

1001211631_HDR.jpg
1001211631a_HDR.jpg

The cooling fan vent is in the lower left corner under the first footswitch, more or less, so I had to shift the mount in that corner over a bit to clear the fan vent. The perspex bits on the Temple quick-mounts are from @ZenRigs Man and are thick enough that the FM9 and FC6 sit completely off the board, giving good room to tuck cables under them and room for airflow for that fan vent....

IMG_20211001_165125.jpg
1001211816_HDR.jpg

Getting things ready to rock. Waiting on the ExpressionIO MIDI CC box to go under the pedals, then they will be working with both the FM9 and FX3....
Just wanted to chime in and say I really love the green skins from CEBA on the FM9, very bold and the green under the your EV peddles, its so slick, great color expression! If you take that out people will be like what f- is that system?

Dude... You need some of these for your switches. They look great!
View attachment 89522

Also, I missed these and might buy a few as well:

View attachment 89521

These look nice....

Doing some of the more tedious part of the Fractal rig transformation tonight: cleaning up and splitting presets across the FM9/FX3 pair.

This pairing achieves a lot of the things people have wished for on numerous threads. You can switch the stomps/amp/cab separately from the FX if you want to. With a little careful set-up work, the total number of CS in both units is available to both units, so no shortage of CS with 12 at your disposal. So far, I have two or three presets where a CS on the FX3 is used to twiddle something on the FM9. One of my presets which was beating hard against the processor limit on the FX3 is comfortably running at 39/3% / 67.7% on the split config....

Just wanted to chime in and say I really love the green skins from CEBA on the FM9, very bold and the green under the your EV peddles, its so slick, great color expression! If you take that out people will be like what f- is that system?

It's the "envy green" wrap. I dialed in the under-board lights to match, and even the lighting in my office/music room are green. I might add the extra under-board lights I have around under the FM9 and FC6. Will have to see how that plays out as time rolls on....

A fun side-effect of the screen guard is the weird fiber-optic effect the tempo LED does. You can't see the light going across the top of the unit, but the edge of the screen guard captures the blinking LED's light 3" away from its point of origin....

https://v-z-a.com/sites/default/files/video/2021-10/1002211816_0.mp4

Last edited:
Really kinda like the ExpressionIO. It offers the ability to play with the transfer curve. I tweaked my two expression controllers to move just a little bit slower across the middle of the range, so that middle is a little easier to hit.

Screen%20Shot%202021-10-03%20at%2011.53.06%20PM.png

It's not so slow across the middle as to make it feel like there's a flat spot (though that response curve is possible, too), but it does help to widen the middle a little when you're trying to land there....

Got some goodies from Home Depot to move close to completion on the pedalboards:

1004212321_HDR.jpg
1004212321a_HDR.jpg
1004212322_HDR.jpg
1004212322a_HDR.jpg
1004212326a_HDR.jpg

Still need to pull up the FM9 and put the LED strips that have been sitting in the drawer for ages to good use. Also, waiting on a couple 1 foot MIDI cords to drop down below the board to the pass-thru jacks on the side, to clean up the left end of the board with the controller pedals.

Found some $4.88 dual USB charger blocks near the checkout at Wally World. The ones in the tech dept. that said "Belkin" on them were $19.97 or so each. I don't need the fancy name.... :)

Need more feet. :)
Heck, since changing the pedals over to MIDI, I have 4 new buttons to find a use for within the FX3. Currently, switches plugged into pedal jacks are not able to act as stand-in switches, but they can act directly on modifiers, so I've already replaced CS #2 with Pedal #1 as the momentary half of the latching/momentary dual switching for rotary speed.

Some of my FC6 and FM9 buttons are used primarily as status indicators now....

Back
Top Bottom