got some Experience with Bergantino IR's

Andreas01

Some weeks ago I bought from Celestion the Bergantino Cabinets Impulse Responses. (https://www.celestionplus.com/products/backline-heroes/bergantino-cabinets-impulse-responses/)
Since I'm very happy with this I want to share this experience with other bass players. The fun parts are:
  • there are a variety of different cabs witch nowadays you will not find at one place in real life
  • the differences between the different cabs are very close the the reality. So it could help to make a good decision when buying your next cab
  • for each cab are different mics and playing styles available
  • for cabs that have a tweeter it is recorded separately with a Neumann KM84. I got great results with loading the "main" cab IR and the tweeter IR and mix them in the cab block together. If you do so be aware of the alignment (distance/phase) of the two cabs. It influences the sound a lot

My playing style is more in the "clean tone department". I'm saying this only that you can decide if it is something for you or not. In the amp block I use the citrus 200 more or less in standard settings. At the end of the chain I have a reverb because I mainly have to play with Headphones. The result is regarding feel and sound fantastic. (I own a FM3)

Been using the NXT212 "Plectrum Basic" IR for a while now, sounds great with a 5string and sits in the mix well
Did you recognize that in the folder Neumann KM84 exists the "Bergantino NXT 212 Ported 2x10 KM84 Horn Celestion.wav" I had good result in combining the horn IR with the "playing style" IR's

Back
Top Bottom