Got My XL+ Today!

diddleybo

Inspired
As soon as I turned in on, I've noticed the LCD looked a bit off.
Is it just me, or...
I'm sure it doesn't affect the sound.

Anyways, I'm excited!
Thank you all for your input!

AXE Xsreen 1.JPG AXE Screen 2.JPG

Not sure what you're seeing in there...just looks like a bad pic to me. Is it a faded LCD on one side?

Welcome!.... I see it's on a bit of an angle -
Options - 1, Live with it (can you?). 2 - Open it up and see if it can be fixed (Should you?) . 3 - Send it back for repair (Could you?).

That's a hard one... In my position, I'd get out the phillips head but that's me :)

I'm sure you'll get a bunch of pleasure from this box - Hope you enjoy as much as I have.

Thanks
Pauly

Just curious. Did you unbox it and let the unit get up to room temp before plugging it in? I always recommend doing that when you have something electronic delivered on a cold day.

I would contact support about the screen, let them tell you what you should do. If it is a problem, They will take care of you.

10 Utilities

The Utilities section, accessed by pressing the front panel button, contains five pages of menus containing settings and tools that do not affect the sound or routing of the Axe-Fx II.

10.1 LCD Contrast
The LCD page of the UTILITY menu contains a single adjustment slider, used to set the contrast of the built-in

display to ensure good readability in different viewing environments.

Please define "Looked a bit off"

Is it the contrast? Is it the placement of the image? i.e. it looks a bit skewed but that could be he camera angle in the pic.

Tell us how it looks tomorrow after it's been in your place for a while. Looks like a cold LCD screen to me, a bit faded at the bottom. Pretty normal. It was a high of 41 today in the city. I'd bump up the contrast a bit, nothing more. I certainly wouldn't let it stop me from playing all. Night. Long.

Where in NYC are you?

It's definitely skewed. (The solid black line on the bottom of the display exhibits it well.) I'd contact FAS Support to as what to do. I'm sure they'll get it sorted for you.

Welcome to the Fractalhood!

Or is the OP worried that the preset # is showing 000? Not a lot of info to go by and the pictures haven't been taken at a very good angle to know for sure.

OP please clarify what is troubling you!? You can tell everyone wants to help. :confused::D

The screen is an LCD that subject to vast amounts of ghosting and it has a very narrow viewing angle.
The first thing I did was turn the contrast up to full as i'm looking down on it all the time and could barely see it clearly.
I would describe the screen as "bad" , I was quite disappointed in it when I first got my unit.

.....BUT
I find it totally logical that a LCD screen was used.
Cost.
Repairability.
CPU and graphics handling overheads.
Firmware simplicity.

It's totally functional. Your just not going to be watching Netflix on it anytime soon.
I'll be honest I use Axe Edit 90% of the time and wouldn't even know how to do some simple tasks on the front panel without it lol

Contact Fractal about the LCD mount being skewed. They may say you can open up the box and straighten it yourself if it's an easy fix and you're ok with that. Otherwise I'm sure they'll let you send it in for a fix.

Welcome!.... I see it's on a bit of an angle -
Options - 1, Live with it (can you?). 2 - Open it up and see if it can be fixed (Should you?) . 3 - Send it back for repair (Could you?).

That's a hard one... In my position, I'd get out the phillips head but that's me :)

I'm sure you'll get a bunch of pleasure from this box - Hope you enjoy as much as I have.

Thanks
Pauly
I hear you, Pauly. I hear you.

Option 1: Will see.
Option 2: Well...
Option 3: Not sure.

Thanks for your kind words, Pauly.

Back
Top Bottom