Got My Xitone Today

caljoe

I was only able to plug it in for an hour or so and this is my first FRFR so I think there might be a slight learning curve. I love the sound but it seems to be a bit boomy, I searched around here a little and see things having to do with turning the negative feedback down, bass cut switch and speaker resonance, I tried turning down the negative feedback and turning on the bass cut switch and that seemed to help but I ran out of time and couldn't find where you get into the speaker resonance. I'm running the passive Xitone with a Matrix GT1000.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe

My xitone 212 absolutely screams. It seems extremely intuitive on all amp models with any decent pickup. I'm positive you can dial it in without the boomYness pretty quickly.
What xitone do you have?
Did Mick install a 3db pad switch?
What Amps and cabs?
Genre? Guitar?

No matter what you're using, I found it way easier to dial in the AxefxII/xitone with Power Amp sims OFF, at first. It's a good way to acclimate to the basic settings, (especially with the CAROL-Ann amp models!) Also, pedal compressor blocks react extremely well to the xitone!

Last edited:
My xitone 212 absolutely screams. It seems extremely intuitive on all amp models with any decent pickup. I'm positive you can dial it in without the boomYness pretty quickly.
What xitone do you have?
What Amps and cabs?
Genre? Guitar?

No matter what you're using, I found it way easier to dial in the AxefxII/xitone with Power Amp sims OFF, at first. It's a good way to acclimate to the basic settings, (especially with the CAROL-Ann amp models!) Also, pedal compressor blocks react extremely well to the xitone!

Thanks guy's, with your help, Tech Note's and a personal email from Mick at Xitone the little bit of boom is gone. This speaker just rips, sounds excellent, I'm very happy with it. I can't say enough about the CS from Xitone, Mick has been great to deal with, answers all my emails usually within minutes and he knew exactly what was going on with my sound. Once I started reading and understanding some of the tech notes it all started to come together and with a little tweaking of the low end, wala, tonal bliss.

I have the 1x12 passive with the switch. I really dig the HBE, JCM 800's, the Carol Ann's are sweet! I play everything from nice clean church music to melt your face off heathen music and I've found the Axe to cover everything extremely well, it's like having a high end music store in your house. Guitars are Gibson LP, Epi LP, Gretsch Silver Falcon w\Filtertrons and a Schecter Hellraiser w\EMG's although I haven't plugged in the Schecter yet.

What xitone do you have?
What Amps and cabs?
Genre? Guitar?

Hi!
What are the dimensions of your Xitone 212? And what about the weight?
Thanx!

Thanks guy's, with your help, Tech Note's and a personal email from Mick at Xitone the little bit of boom is gone. This speaker just rips, sounds excellent, I'm very happy with it. I can't say enough about the CS from Xitone, Mick has been great to deal with, answers all my emails usually within minutes and he knew exactly what was going on with my sound. Once I started reading and understanding some of the tech notes it all started to come together and with a little tweaking of the low end, wala, tonal bliss.

I have the 1x12 passive with the switch. I really dig the HBE, JCM 800's, the Carol Ann's are sweet! I play everything from nice clean church music to melt your face off heathen music and I've found the Axe to cover everything extremely well, it's like having a high end music store in your house. Guitars are Gibson LP, Epi LP, Gretsch Silver Falcon w\Filtertrons and a Schecter Hellraiser w\EMG's although I haven't plugged in the Schecter yet.

So what did your actually have to do to get the boominess to go away?

Hi!
What are the dimensions of your Xitone 212? And what about the weight?
Thanx!
It’s in the studio, away from me at the moment. It’s oretty much the exact same size as a Mesa 2x12.
It weighs a lot. Micks cabs are no joke, they are as heavy duty as it gets. Never been able to weigh it.

Back
Top Bottom