Got My Ultra Today

ianx

Experienced
I'm afraid I'm already addicted... been in front of it for that last 5 hours... had to stop so the kids could go to bed. THIS THING IS AMAZING!!! THANK YOU FAS. :D

I have had absolutely 0 buyer's remorse after owning this thing for 15 months. The best product I have ever purchased.

I hope you continue to get hundreds of hours of enjoyment out of it!

I'm afraid I'm already addicted... been in front of it for that last 5 hours... had to stop so the kids could go to bed. THIS THING IS AMAZING!!! THANK YOU FAS. :D

Awesome ianx! Mine should arrive tomorrow... I've already scheduled a day off from work to play with it. :mrgreen

Just curious... how are you running yours? Straight into powered studio monitors, or through a power amp and guitar cabinet, or ???

Make sure you have someone check on you every few days and to bring you water and food.
Also.....to flip your mattress every 2 weeks. :)

so how are you running yours? how are the distortions gains, is there enough variety in the heavy settings?

I'm totally blown away!!!! I've been a die hard tube fanatic for 40 years and never thought that something digital could ever satisfy my craving for the glowing glass bottle. The ultra covers the gamut from pristine clean to completely over the edge gain. The ability to control every aspect of the tone is what makes this one of the finest pieces that I've ever owned. This will be replacing my current 22 space rig and 2-4x12 cabs.

LOL! I don't think I'll go to the extreme of tracking down my UPS guy. That's hilarious though!

So, are you running yours into studio monitors, or ??? Just wanted to get your opinion on the stock presets, etc. right out of the box.

I'm running into 2 EV Live X powered 12"x1" mons set to flat response. If this sounds as good through my iem and foh system as it does in my living room (where I set up camp) my foh tech will be in heaven.
Tone is subjective, what sounds good to me may not be what someone else is looking for, so I have been editing some factory presets and writing others. Overall I've been so busy exploring that I'm not getting much programming done. I think the Holy Grail of tone is in this thing... it keeps calling my name.
The Axe-change (can be accessed via Axe-Edit) is a great place to see what others are doing with programs and can give a a starting pallet or whole new ideas for programs. This forum is also an amazing resource for information and ideas. Everyone here is open to sharing ideas and helping resolve problems (all of mine have been self induced problems).
I would suggest giving the wiki a read, for me it helped a lot with knowing what to expect and do initially with the i/o set up.
Like any processor there are some pretty "out there" programs. I read somewhere that these are to demonstrate the abilities of the unit.

If this thing could cook I'd marry it... don't think my wife would understand tho...

I'm totally blown away!!!! I've been a die hard tube fanatic for 40 years and never thought that something digital could ever satisfy my craving for the glowing glass bottle.

I would love to know what makes one 40-year tube fanatic love the Axe-FX where another will insist it can't really "get there". I mean, I know that "there" is a different tonal place for each of us, but it is hard for me to imagine two people with equal fanatical love of tube amps cultivated over the same four decade period having such divergent experiences/opinions of the Axe-FX. And yet I see it all the time on various forums. Guys like ianx will be blown away, and others will be disappointed. It's the same device in both cases, so what accounts for the huge disparity in their assessments?

I would love to know what makes one 40-year tube fanatic love the Axe-FX where another will insist it can't really "get there". I mean, I know that "there" is a different tonal place for each of us, but it is hard for me to imagine two people with equal fanatical love of tube amps cultivated over the same four decade period having such divergent experiences/opinions of the Axe-FX. And yet I see it all the time on various forums. Guys like ianx will be blown away, and others will be disappointed. It's the same device in both cases, so what accounts for the huge disparity in their assessments?

being able to play instead of OCD-ing?

Mr. UPS FINALLY just showed up with my Ultra! I must have been next to the last delivery for the day. I've heard good things come to those who wait... ;)

I've been through so many amps over the past 4 decades and have learned to appreciate the nuances of all of them and I think that this is the key to dialing in tone. Some of it comes from the player also, I have a friend who can pick up any guitar and plug it into any amp and have amazing tone. Working within the limitations of your gear will bring success... better gear, fewer limitations, and better results. So far the limitaions I've found are my own... (forgot to store after editng) :eek:

Back
Top Bottom