Got my ULTA + Scary startup problem

I got my ULTRA on Easter Sunday, and I'm liking it more and more.

However, I gigged with it Friday and Saturday, and on both days there was a problem when powering up the unit.
As I turned it on, all that happened was that every single light was lit and the small screen was all green. I let it stay turned on like that for a minute, but nothing changed. I then turned it off, checked the connections, plugged into a different power socket, and still the same result. I then unplugged everything, lifted the unit up to inspect closer, plugged back in and this time it worked. Next day the same thing happened, and I tried switching off and on a few times until it turned on properly.

This is definitely alarming. Does anybody know what the problem could be?

Pauli Poulsen said:
I got my ULTRA on Easter Sunday, and I'm liking it more and more.

However, I gigged with it Friday and Saturday, and on both days there was a problem when powering up the unit.
As I turned it on, all that happened was that every single light was lit and the small screen was all green. I let it stay turned on like that for a minute, but nothing changed. I then turned it off, checked the connections, plugged into a different power socket, and still the same result. I then unplugged everything, lifted the unit up to inspect closer, plugged back in and this time it worked. Next day the same thing happened, and I tried switching off and on a few times until it turned on properly.

This is definitely alarming. Does anybody know what the problem could be?

Contacts support. They may have some diagnostics you can run.

That's some bad luck indeed...
As Java said, contact Fractal Audio support ( or G66 if you bought it from them),
you'll experience greatest customer support EVER and your AxeFX shall be fixed sooner than you know. :)

It appears that Tonemerchants gave me a demo unit. They should not have sold it to me.
I need to get a new one from them.

So now you guys know too :ugeek:

hi i recently got my ultra from tone merchants and i think it was a demo too (cause that's what it said on the box), but they just said its exactly the same unit and was the last one.

How did you find out about the demo thing and what's the difference as far as you know?

I thought tone merchants were the official fractal audio dealer so i'm surprised they would sell an inferior unit. I hope it's not a problem cause it's now across the other side of the world.

That unit had a known start-up problem and hence was relegated to demo duties. It was never intended for resale.

Tone Merchants sold me a dodgy guitar once. I bought it via the internet, so not much recourse. I had a lot of faith in them when Ed Yoon was the manager, and I've bought good stuff from them in the past. Not anymore.

Back
Top Bottom